Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

12 yr old harvests her 1st deer

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Life by the Horns, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Life by the Horns

Life by the Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter Gracie is a real girly, girl. Very sweet, soft, and gentle. I thought she would be the least likely of my kids to really like hunting. Surprisingly, (and enjoyably) she has really taken to it, and loves bowhunting. She has taken quite a few with her gun, but this was her first year bowhunting. After 4 trips to the stand, she finally connected. Shot was a bit high, but that is all part of the learning experience. Proud dad moment for sure!

KyleLewis, tdk5525, Shocker99 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is so cool, I do not typically like watching other people hunt but that was a great video, love to see the joy.

3. cbw

cbw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, Dad! My 15yo daughter is bow hunting for the first time this year.
    Ps. 127

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LaytonRobles

LaytonRobles Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's truly heartwarming to hear about Gracie's journey into hunting! It's amazing how our kids can surprise us with their interests and passions, right? I can only imagine the proud dad moment you must have had when she connected with her first deer during her bowhunting adventure. Those learning experiences, like her slightly high shot, are all part of the journey, making the successes even sweeter.