011 season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hoytultrasport, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hoytultrasport

Hoytultrasport Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For the 2011 season I am getting all new gear. I am getting the new 2011 hoyt crx32 fmj arrows t3 broadheads under armor camo gorilla treestand. What is your new gear for the 2011 season.
    If you could have anything for this up coming season what would it be?
    What are you going to change this year that you learned from last year

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm switching up my arrows this coming season and my rest. I'll be going from the CX Maximas to the Maxima Hunters. Also plan to be switching to the NAP Apache rest. Those are for sure changes but have also been giving some thought to changing my sight although I've not made up my mind on that yet. That's it for me. I had to buy new camo last season and I'm happy with my bow.

3. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a new bow coming. Switched my arrows to a lighter arrow witha better FOC(changed to GT velocity huners from CX piledrivers). After borrowing a spotting scope last year I'll be buying one. Most likely going with a smaller alpen scope.

4. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will be switching to Predator Camo. I have already started to purchase some items of predator. Other than that just buy some more arrows, and probably the new NAP stabilizer.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have begun saving money to buy a new trad bow. I want to go to a large trad shoot/event in Maryland this spring and shoot a ton of bows before I settle on one that just feels right. I am going to purchase some heavier arrows like the Beman MFX classics with a stiffer spine so I can up my broadhead weight while keeping my site picture a little tighter with my recurve. I might go back to Muzzys if I can get them properly tuned with my trad set up. If by some miracle I can afford a Lone Wolf stand and some sticks I want one as they fit my style of hunting.

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would like to get a string stopper installed. Also I am going to get the Insane Archery camera mount for on my bow. Probably not going to change much else.

I would love to upgrade the bow to a high end one. It's not going to happen this year. Maybe next year.

7. octhereicome

octhereicome Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well i have a new bow that hasnt taken a deer yet...and just gout 12 axis nanos...the bow has all new stuff on it...still have to buy a new quiver tho =[]

8. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Plant more food plots. That's my plan, anyway.

9. octhereicome

Dislikes Received:
    Im going to have my first food plot for the 2011 season!

10. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last Needed Product
    For me it would be clothing and I have it all except some good wind proof base layer. Something that won't weigh me down. Been looking for 3 years and have come to the conclusion it'll be the SitkaTraverse Zip T@ $99.00 and Sitka Traverse Bottom's @ $79.00. I can say adio's to my old wind proof vest and continue to use it for my cross country skiing. The thinness of this clothing is unreal and the warmth is next to none. The windproof is the number one sell for this stuff up here in the great white north. Northern Alberta is known for it's wind and when it hit's -30 with a 30 mph wind,well need I say more. Looking forward to wearing the Sitka Traverse gear. Should make those 11 hour sits during the rut a breeze:rock:
    Rocky

11. GMMAT

GMMAT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Warm......wool

12. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    im going to pick up a couple of reconyx cameras, some easton fmj arows and maybe a new bow, looking for a little longer ATA, something in the 34-35 in range to join my alpha max 32.

13. octhereicome

Dislikes Received:
    Im going to get a few more trail cams

14. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm boring. Still shooting my same setup since December 06.

Hoyt Vectrix
    Vital Gear Pentagon 5 pin sight
    Limbdriver Rest
    Fuse 6 arrow detach quiver
    Easton Camo FMJ arrows
    Rage 2 Blade BHs
    Scott Silverhorn Release (same release for backup)

I won't change in the foreseeable future either. Oh wait, I am getting a new leveling bubble for my sight. Damn thorns ripped off mine this past season.

Every year I threatened to buy a new setup, but I finally realized this past year that I like hunting, not hunting equipment. I could have bought a new bow this spring....but instead I am going to South Dakota with two merriams turkey tags in my pocket.

15. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a new hoyt carbon element the other day, everything was going great until i found out the price.$1200.00

I am going to stay with my d350 setup and buy some more treestands for the fall

I am looking at buying a maitland bow just to have something different to shoot in the local leagues.:evilgrin:

16. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a new bow, a 2010 Hoyt TurboHawk.

I'll be buying some new arrows, thinking about going to FMJ's.

Also won a $75 gift card to a local pro shop and a $325 gift card to Cabela's. I intend to purchase a new Code red and some more UA Mossy Oak Infinity camo.

Oh, I also got the ground that I killed Muley on leased up (Gentleman's agreement right now, got to get the paperwork signed here soon), so I'll have all that ground to myself for the first time ever.

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be getting a couple New Bows because I want them definitely Not because I need them :)

Already got one! ;)

Everything else I think I'm good to go. I would like a new truck but probably not this year ;)

Dan

18. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a new Hoyt TurboHawk bow and shooting Cabela's Stalker Extreme arrows this year. Thats it for now.

19. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    A new press, replenish my arrow supply (most likely ACCs, or maybe try Victory AP's), and add a new climber.

20. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be adding some Lone Wolf sticks (5), a Lone Wolf Hand climber, and at least 2 sets of 20 foot sticks. I think for once, I am not going to add any hang ons, but that depends on what I can work for new properties. If I do, I'm getting that comfy looking Gorilla with the wave seat.

I have the 2011 back up bow on order, another SWAT as I fell in love with mine this year and sold the Destroyer. I want that new Spyder Harness, but will likely have to stay in the Muddy due to lack of funds from the above.