Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

“Nose Jammer” spray

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jnida, Oct 16, 2023.

1. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What is your opinion of the product? I have my doubts because it is very fragrant. I understand downwind is downwind, but I feel like having that much of a smell is counterproductive.

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never used it and smelt it at a store. No thanks, I try to keep my gear as scent free as possible and don’t like the idea of it. I have no first or second hand experiences tho.

jnida likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If it worked as the label says it does it would be illegal.

tynimiller and jnida like this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've used it maybe a handful of times - can't say if it did or didn't work.

I know a few successful hunters I trust who swear by it.

jnida likes this.
  5. akajackson

akajackson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've used it with good results, but I'm still suspicious. I'm afraid the younger deer might fall for this, but how about a mature buck?
    When I've worn this on my boots & hung cameras, I've had deer show up right away w no sign of worry. I've only worn it to my hunting spot a couple of times.

One time I didn't get any deer coming by and the next time I had two mature bucks come into the area not too far off my own set of tracks. I was dragging a lil estreus juice also.
    I could hear the deer taking four to five steps every 5 minutes, getting close to dark, but couldnt figure out where the hell they were.
    I was hanging from a saddle behind a big tree and I decided to peek around the tree and as soon as my one eye could see straight ahead, there was King Kong 40 yards out, the one I've been after - and he was staring right at me... I have pine tree growing all around my head so I was in the dark with head camo on.

After 2 minutes, he decided something wasn't right and turned around and leaped over a fallen log and retreated. What I didn't realize, is there was another mature buck only 10 ft on the other side of the same tree & he bolted when he heard his buddy bolt.
    I think the windjammer and/or estreus juice either had the 1st ones curiosity or had him on edge & the bigger buck was hanging back waiting for the 1st buck to keep moving on.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

jnida likes this.
  6. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    interesting. Thanks for that info. My gut tells me to go a different route. I was hoping for some anecdotal stuff like this so thank you.

7. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've used it for about 3 or 4 years and I feel like it works. I've sprayed it on the bottom of my boots and watched deer walk in where I walked sniffing the ground. I also shot a 4.5 yr old buck that was directly downwind of me. He was sniffing the air and at first was kinda skittish but then calmed down.

8. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Friend loves it. I don't like it. Used a couple of times and does could tell something was off. Gave it to my friend. I think if you were using it I would go really light on it.

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The three people I know that swear by it have stake in advertising dollars from using it and promoting it. I would swear by it too

10. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    some guys use vanilla. it doesn't do anything but cause them to pause for a moment and try to figure out what that smell is.

NEW61375 likes this.
  11. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It’s literally vanilla spray. Repackaged and heavily marketed. See Vanilla Killa…Killa Vanilla…and countless other products and “home brews” over the past 100 years.

During the off season I mix hot water, cherry or grape look-aid squirt concentrate, and vanilla extract.

Spray it all around cameras, deer seem to like the smell. I know I do.

Vabowman likes this.