Thirty Rack - Team 30 Thread

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by LSU327, Aug 18, 2014.

1. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where did you see that prediction for the Midwest?

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Weather is my second passion, maybe even first :lol: just wish I'd have went to school for it

I follow a lot of weather forums and their's an interesting weather pattern out there that cycles every year. You can also follow the weather that happens around Japan and the Bearing sea. Usually what occurs there, we'll have a similar pattern about 3 weeks later in the US. I'll be the first to admit that I lack the knowledge to understand it all, but it is pretty impressive to follow and axing how accurate it can be. I'd say it's about 85% accurate in the 3-5 week range. Always a little different and doesn't always occur over the same area.

There are a couple met. students who have been focusing on this sort of pattern for a few years now and I'm a believer. It's a pretty cool concept. One variant of it is called the LRC or Lezak's Recurring Cycle. Gary Lezak and Larry Cosgrove are the ones who hype it a lot. They believe that during the month of October a "signature storm" evolves each year and then repeats every 53-57 days or so.

3. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been in the stand since before sunrise. No luck. Spooked a doe on my way in. Not the way I wanted to start this weekend off, but it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, been busy as hell. Looking to get a hunt or two in this week. Good luck to all with openers coming up! Boof, It would be awesome to see you take a muley, good luck.

5. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buck down! Might be a fergie clause or slightly above. Going to get him scored in the morning and submit him for the contest.

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

Seen my uncle tonight (property owner), he said he seen a H E double hockey sticks of a buck a few days ago while mowing the property. Eating acorns mid day, said he's seen quite a few others as well but the one stole the show.

Sadly, he also said that the rains have washed out the area right in front of my stand and he was going to get back there with a backhoe and rebuild it. Basically a drainage ditch running north to south with a 4 wheeler path east to west. He put in a big drain pipe covered over with dirt. Rains went unerring even the pipe and washed everything away.

Optimistic, but won't be hunting it for my 50

7. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Submitted score. Fergie clause, oh well. [​IMG]

8. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job, LSU327! Team Thirty Rack is on the board. Would love to hear your story of how it went down.

9. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Of course! Was hunting up in Wisconsin on a piece of land a friend of mine owns. Got into the stand around 3:45 to make sure I was nice and settled for evening. Didn't see anything until about 6:30pm when a small doe walked by on a ridge just above my stand. No less than 20 minutes later this guy and another smaller buck came in to the water hole that my stand was facing. He entered the water and stood broadside about 30 yards out. It all happened pretty quick, let one fly before he had a chance to move. Double lung shot with a complete pass through.He staggered about 25 yards then tipped over. After that is was time to get to work! He was shot right in front of my trail cam. In my excitement I forgot to pull the card last night, but I will pull it soon and maybe I'll get some nice action shots on there. Feels good to knock one down before October! Next stop Indiana.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, points on the board but more importantly, meat in the freezer!

11. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!!

12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still planning on getting out Saturday, looks like that will be th é coolest day of the weekend now. May try Sunday morning but it's doubtful now. Hoping to put another 50 on the board.

End of October is starting to look better and better

Right now I should have Halloween weekend off, then taking my vacation November 7 through the 16th which will likely be my best opportunity at antlers. The following weekend is IL firearm opener

13. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go LSU, drawing first blood!

I'm looking at getting the 5th through the 18th off for prime time rut hunting, will report back if successful.

14. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!
    Hope to get out this afternoon if the wind cooperates. I am off until Oct. 13 so hope to get 50 on the board. Pulled cams last week, does are hammering the acorns.

15. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone. Bummer is I still have a buck tag for indiana so it might sting a bit if I give a bigger buck a dirt nap.

16. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like my afternoon hunt is going to be rained out. Rain all day tomorrow as well. My bow is sitting in the corner looking at me like a lab that got left home on opening day of duck season

17. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No luck for me yet. Been hitting it hard though.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412218654.580540.jpg

Here's a new one that showed up on cam.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bought my tags last night. Ordered some last minute things to arrive tomorrow. Will get my gear all washed up and ready to go tonight and tomorrow. Work really hasn't afforded me much time to get organized, but I'll be in a tree before the sun comes up Saturday.

Feels like that last minute rush, must be deer season.

19. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just getting around to setting up my signature...or trying to. I know I'm usually a half bubble off but this thing is whooping my a$$. Keeps giving me the original pick with no wording around it. I am using the link from page 7 of this thread. Any thoughts as to what in the world I'm doing wrong?

20. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Copy and paste this text when you go to edit your signature.