Team 33 - Nocked Up

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by dingodango, Sep 16, 2014.

1. dingodango

dingodango Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish anyone around my area would think about that when it came to harvesting deer. Everyone shoots the first animal with any semblance of white horn on top of its head so it is very rare to find a deer that makes it to 4 years old.

2. newbie2012

newbie2012 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in sorry about the delay, I'm hunting some public and some private land in Northern Missouri still looking to put my first archery deer down this season, good luck to everybody glad to be part of a team

3. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya dingo I'm in the same boat. At least they finally changed the regs in my area. It used to be one buck and two does for the longest time. Herd got decimated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. wack-a-doo

wack-a-doo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed back up to my property in pike county mo now hopefully the big boys come out to play.

5. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to keep that in mind. A guy needs to at least take a look each year :tu:.

6. huntalot

huntalot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i thought everyone works 6 out 7 days a week 12 hr shifts. LOL I know farmers work more this time a year. Hunting has not been good last 4 times out, going to get some work done around the house for the next couple of weeks then hit it hard again.

7. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I need to buy a license. I guess that would be a good start... :o

8. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hoping to get at least one stand hung today, maybe two if I am lucky

9. wack-a-doo

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see anything early just had 7 does come out all at once right about 9 o'clock closest they ever got was 200 yards.

10. wack-a-doo

Dislikes Received:
    It's a bit warm but back at it again.

11. wack-a-doo

Dislikes Received:
    Saw quite a few does and fawns this evening not sure the total number between 8 and 12 still haven't seen any of the bucks I had on camera all summer long.

12. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :nana: Gentlemen! I made a trip back to my parents farm and checked the cams. I have 2 spypoints, 1 covert, and last time I was home I hung up a Moultrie 880 that I got off craigslist. Over the week I got the replacement cams from bushnell so I am back up to my full set of cams now. Swapped cards, and didn't have anything of note on the spypoints (about 35 pics each over a 3 week window). Had about 95 pics on the Covert, including a couple little forkhorns... 220 on the Moultrie! Had possibly 3 good bucks on that trail, so I know where I will be at next time I get a chance to come home. Here's the top three bucks. Let me know what you think they score!
    Moultrie N river trail 035.jpg Moultrie N river trail 036.jpg Moultrie N river trail 037.jpg Moultrie N river trail 074.jpg Moultrie N river trail 007.jpg Moultrie N river trail 075.jpg

13. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :nana: Gentlemen! I made a trip back to my parents farm and checked the cams. I have 2 spypoints, 1 covert, and last time I was home I hung up a Moultrie 880 that I got off craigslist. Over the week I got the replacement cams from bushnell so I am back up to my full set of cams now. Swapped cards, and didn't have anything of note on the spypoints (about 35 pics each over a 3 week window). Had about 95 pics on the Covert, including a couple little forkhorns... 220 on the Moultrie! Had possibly 3 good bucks on that trail, so I know where I will be at next time I get a chance to come home. Here's the top three bucks. Let me know what you think they score!
    View attachment 51853 View attachment 51854 View attachment 51855 View attachment 51856 View attachment 51857 View attachment 51858

14. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That tallboy has a pretty interesting rack. Skinny, tall, and twisted. I like it. Not much for scoring bucks so can't help you there. Awesome pics though. Makes it easier to put in those extra hours in the stand. Hope you get a chance at one of them.

15. rsf31tmp

Dislikes Received:
    I also like twisted and tall boy. Looks like you also have one nice buck who is a year away from being a real beast! The one at 5:36am

16. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One year away!?!?

17. rsf31tmp

Dislikes Received:
    Well it depends on the area and the type of land. Great, but if you could give it one ore year...

18. rsf31tmp

Dislikes Received:
    sorry, I was on my phone. That is a great deer and would go on my wall!

19. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's all good. To be honest, I have been hunting my parents farm and running cams for about 9 years now. That 10 or 12 point typical is easily the best deer I've ever seen on that property. I don't know that I would give either of these bucks a pass. I would love to, but my neighbors are members of the orange army and shoot any deer they see. I would love to see the one with the squiggly rack in a year or two just to see what kind of character he has. I think these bucks might have also just been passing through because I have never seen either of them on cam. To me that last buck the 8 pointer looks an awful lot like a 9 pointer I had on camera a couple years ago with the curvature on his beam. He definitely looks like he has the body of an older deer to me.

20. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It would be awesome to see what he would turn into and I agree it depends on the area. I know where I hunt it's a real challenge to kill an older deer. Anything 3.5 or older is a pretty good accomplishment in my area. I also believe in my part of the state a lot of bucks never reach their potential due to poor nutrition but that is just an opinion.