Iowa

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by IAMIKE, Sep 10, 2013.

1. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is from the DNR website, no November or January seasons

2014 -15 Deer Seasons

Youth, Residents Only Sept 20 - Oct 5

Disabled, Requires Permit Sept 20 - Oct 5

Archery, Early Split Oct 1 - Dec 5

Archery, Late Split Dec 22 - Jan 10, 2015

Early Muzzleloader, Residents Only Oct 11 - 19

Late Muzzleloader Dec 22 - Jan 10, 2015

Shotgun, Season 1 Dec 6 - 10

Shotgun, Season 2 Dec 13 - 21

January Antlerless Closed for 2014 Not applicable

Nonresident Holiday Season Dec 24 - Jan 2, 2015 Dec 15 - End of Season

2. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I might be getting a new job. Could really interfere with Hunting this year....

Gotta do what we gotta do right?

3. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What was november last year? Bow season and what else?

4. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There was an antlerless hunt over Thanksgiving weekend.

5. Bentarrow

Bentarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2014 hunting time is almot on us.

Hey guys almost time for our 2014 hunt so been checking trail cams and doing some last minute trimming of limbs and making sure all the stands are in shape and safe. This year will be different for me as I got hurt two years ago in a bad fall and lost 40% use of my shoulder so I had to put my new Hoyt away and got a crossbow and my life time permit form the state you have to have. It's had for me to take after 40 years shooting my bows but will be nice to still be able to get out and enjoy the woods wildlife and the hunt. So has anyone else had any luck on they're trail cams this year or in shouting ?

6. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bent-
    Sorry to hear about your fall, nothin good on cams for me so far, the doe pop looks healthy, and a couple have twin fawns. thats. about. it. going to check one last time tomorrow before season starts. good luck to all.

7. Locked

Locked Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about your shoulder, glad you are still getting out though. I Don't have any cams out (public land) but I have see alot of mid Day activity but no bucks :/. Got a small group of white oak trees that I checked a couple of weeks ago with no signs of deer, but its a funnel next to a river that feels promising. Im getting pumped for my first season! :rock:

8. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you Locked there is nothing like bow hunting once it gets in your blood you'll never get enough of it. I got a few cams out and some that shoot video and I couldn't believe what I seen on them I had bucks chasing a Doe around I was thinking these guys got into some weed. I got some scrapes also so I thing the young bucks are fired up and don't know what they're fired up about lol. I use to hunt a lot over in NE Iowa love it over there at yellow river and the wife loves going there when ever we get the time to get away. Watch that funnel spot when the crops come out and the rut comes in it'll be good with those oaks and with a good water source you got it covered petty good. These forums have some pretty good guys on here also and are pretty helpful so if you have any you want or need to know these guys can be a great help. So be safe and good luck.

9. dmaxkid_90

dmaxkid_90 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    glad you are able to get back out! no trail cams for me as I mostly hunt public land. I can't wait for the season to start up.

10. Locked

Locked Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I Have Learned a lot since I found this website. Yeah Yellow River area camped up there last year with the family it was great. Good luck everyone season is getting closer hopefully this cool weather sticks around! :woot:

11. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    8 days to go guys checking every thing twice an buying al the things need (scent killer, soaps, scents, tow ropes and hangers, ex.) Going to give the Rage a try this year out of the crossbow but was thinking on the NAP heads if these fale or my Muzzy. Trail cams have been busy all over the 120 acres I put one by a scrape that ha been getting a lot of work on it and I have to say I'm shocked with all the bucks and Does that have been at that thing. To me it's just to early for them to be so active like this and every cam has been showing the same thing in every spot. Has any one else seen things like this already? I even got video off one cam that shows 2 small bucks and a nice 8 chasing a Doe (crazy). The coon hunts should have a good year to with all the coon I've seen on the cams I think this is the most I've seen in a very long time. Well good luck again guys. Video was on the 19th [video=youtube_share;Hdet_-X6Fjs]http://youtu.be/Hdet_-X6Fjs[/video]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  12. Locked

Locked Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice vid what cam is that? I think I have everything but I wont know till im out in the woods lol. Im going with the g5 Montec and we will see how it goes! Im getting excited I think there is a cold front coming through opening day or the day after :bow:

13. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the scrape action! I will hopefully start/check some scrapes this weekend!!

14. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Great video. Thanks for sharing. Been seeing some action in west central Iowa. Itching to go. Hopefully the rheumatism I was just diagnosed with will let me. Jumps around my body like the plague.

15. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the Tasco 3 Megapixel Mini Trail Camera from Walmart it's only 50 bucks and the battery life is great 4 AA and get almost 2 full months out of them before recharge and it's small in size fits in your hand. Hope your rheumatism don't flare up on you to much cornhusker wish you luck with that. Locked where you hunt over there you may have the next record pop up right in front of you there are some great deer over there we've had our own knee knockers show up on us there lol.

16. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ya special place around here. I grew up here so I have thousands of acres of private ground I can hunt. Almost too much!!! You always get to thinking the "grass is greener" sometimes and dont stick around. Good luck to ya!

Mac

17. Locked

Locked Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Less than a week to go! Ill have to check that mini cam out. Thousands of acres!? well color me jealous! Is anyone going out opening day? Thinking about waiting for a cold front.

18. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got everything ready for Wednesday. I'm lucky enough to get some depredation tags and already have a doe in the freezer

19. Bentarrow

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you nothing wrong with a Doe they eat just as good. I may get to go out this weekend and see what moves around and get some video and check the trail cams but we have a nice cool down coming in for us I see so it should slow down the blood suckers more. Good luck guys two days away.

20. Locked

Locked Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice going with a doe already davidingle! I won't be out Wednesday but was going to try for Thursday afternoon or Saturday morning. hope the cold front coming through gets them up and moving! :bhod: