Ozonics opinion and if you have one do they work?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Deercrazy21, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Deercrazy21

Deercrazy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've herd from salesmen that the ozonics sent control works but I don't wanna drop 400 $ on one because the guy trying to sell it said its good whats your opinion ?

2. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Playing the wind is free.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Peeing in the gulf of mexico will not warm up the water, same principal

4. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are going to get frustrated with replies from guys that have never used them telling you not to. Don’t place any value in such comments and frankly I don’t know why guys waste their time replying if they have not used them. I have 2 WhitetailR 50’s and 2 of their 35’s. Ive been using them for 2 years and am very pleased with the results as it relates to deodorizing my gear (because that’s why I have them, I don’t take them into the woods with me) You may be expecting too much from the Ozone machine or have unrealistic expectations. You need to understand its limits. Its only going to remove the odors from your gear. But you are a scent/odor making machine. Your body is producing scent every second from your pours to your breath. Your head is like a chimney of human scent output. No doubt you’re an ozone machine kills the odors on your gear but the minute you put on that gear it begins to take on your odor. Even if you have a strict human deodorizing regimen, you begin to foul the air the minute you put down the soap. You still have to play the wind and understand that the ozone only deodorized your gear, its is not a form of continuous odor eater while you’re wearing your camo.

Read this short article that just came out from Field and Stream to better understand the benefits of ozone and to understand there is no magic powers and that you still need to play the wind.

Does it Work? Ozone Scent Control vs. Drug-Sniffing Dog | Field & Stream

Personally I follow this regimen

Use ozone on gear

Clean my body as best as I can

Hunt high

Play the wind

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was referring to the machine strapped to a tree that is supposed to cover human scent. I have an ozone machine I purchased to pretreat my camo so I believe it works just not in the field

6. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the HR 200 and I can say I now hunt some intersections and choke points on our farm that would normally be off limits due to the same old NE wind we get here. I used it for the first time and watched a down wind doe walk straight to my stand had it not been for all the canopy and under brush I would have had the opportunity to take a 10 yard shot. She just milled around and eventually walked away. I had the same experience the other day with two more does using the ozonic s. I can say it works due to the fact where they step out of the woods they would normally blow and run just as soon as they stepped out. They don't do that anymore. Now I just gotta get them to use the top side of the trail they take. So yeah they work, It's simple science.

Don't be discouraged by some of the replies from people who are giving an opinion on anything they have never had first hand practical experience using, or any product that is out of someones price range. Someone will always chime in with a self proclaimed review of a product they haven't even put hands on let alone used.

And no it is most certainly not a free ticket to just hunt any old way, you still need to follow all the basic principles.

7. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I (and I doubt others) would have ever made that connection to ozone in a tree and peeing in the gulf but now that you have actually commented in specifics I tend to agree to a point. In a tree, no I dont think it will be as effective as say in a pop up blind where the effectiveness would increase. Again, I dont care to carry another item into the field but from a gear deodoerizing standpoint, I find Ozone very good. The F&S story I linked gives credibilty to using them in the field in something like a pop up blind but I dont think I would care to be directly exposed to Ozone for 4 hours at a time so I dont take it afield.

8. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. smackhonda

smackhonda Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive hunted with one for a couple years now. I still hunt the wind, and go through the process of scent elimination in my cloths and myself. Since deer can come in from anywhere you can never rely on just hunting the wind. What Ive noticed with using the Ozonics is that it does cover up your scent and keeps deer from smelling you, but they do smell something. They get a little nervous when they smell the scent the ozonics puts off, but they dont blow and run off like they do when they scent a human.