@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im not giving up though, just not used to not seeing some deer. Gonna keep grinding and hope the hard work pays off.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just had three deer come through. Could of shot one of the smaller fawn one but I wanted momma. She never came close enough for a Sunday night.

They were here for 20 min. Got some film of them.

I could of got us on the board but really wanted to shoot momma.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't blame you for holding off BJE. I had a fat momma and spotted twins come in to 15 yards Friday and I chose not to shoot...maybe I'm getting soft haha! Once those spots are gone tho she better not make that mistake again

4. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BJE80
    Points mean nothing when it comes to enjoyment, what it means to you personally, is what the hunt is all about. Your filling your tag,not someone else's! Good on you for not taking a deer you thought might make your team mates happy.:rock:
    Rocky

5. Humpythahunter

Humpythahunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tennessee opener next weekend and yeah BJE take what is going to make you happy bud.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  6. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Very well said Rocky!!! My thoughts exactly!

7. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in guys.. I've been working like a mad-man. This weekend kicks off the season in Ohio. I'm hoping to be be out there, but it's a 50/50 chance right now. Good luck to the ones who are already at it!

8. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Spent most of the day sunday finalizing stands and clearing paths. Found a new open are with a perimeter of rubs. hopefully the big guy will be checking these comes october.

Has anyone ever got a really good "Grunt" on game cam? I have multiple from my most recent pull but its a first for sure.

9. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting ready for the Ohio opener this weekend as well. I pulled my two cams on Saturday. I was pretty disappointed, as only one camera functioned. I had over a thousand pictures on the other camera, but no shooter bucks.

10. mndeerskewer

mndeerskewer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this weekend for the first time this year. been busy as well. My 15 year old (Nate) and I are in our stands Sat afternoon and a pretty good thunderstorm rolls through about 5-5:30pm. Rained pretty good and the wind was whipping around violently. I've never hunted through something like that before and it felt like an amusement park ride in my tree! It didn't last very long but I was concerned on how the deer would react. Around 6:30 I get text from Nate saying he took a shot but he thinks he missed but he cant find his arrow. (Neither of us has got a deer bow hunting yet so I'm pretty excited). Went to his stand an looked around and did find his arrow (clean). He ended up shooting over her back, she was at 20 yards. he was pretty excited, rushed the shot and didnt bend at the waist. I did the exact same thing last year so I know how he felt. great encounter thought and a great hunt. We'll get out again this weekend but in a new area, so we'll see.

11. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Keep at it!

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am heading up to the cabin for a three day weekend am going with two other friends. I am going to hunt hard as it will be my last weekend up at the cabin till later in Oct. I will be still hunting the lease down here though. Again, really hoping to get something down.

13. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411418480.218047.jpg

190" here in old NC!!! It was a legend in Davidson County. Like 10 different people had pics of him...shattered the previous xbow record by 30"s....

14. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are the one that shot him.

15. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is he now your legendary deer? Lol

16. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oops...forgot to mention it was killed on opposite corner of the state...I wish it was mine lol...My buddy that hunted him all last year got to put his hand on him and get the play by play from the guy that shot him....

17. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Went Out Tonight
    Finally saw deer tonight, even though I was calling for moose. Was pretty warm again as we walked in,was over dressed but took the walk nice and slow. Got to the stand by 10 to 6 . Was set up by 6:05 ,opened my Buck Butter up and at 6:10 I heard foot steps coming my way. I tried in vein to see what it was! Finally I saw the white flag and made it out to be a doe. She must have caught me moving cause she took of and never came back. I called for the rest of the night and made my way back as I was in deep in the bush. Got to a point where my partner said he saw a monster but it was to dark to get a shot off.
    I settled in and made my 1st moose call and then I heard deer ,big deer approaching the crossing he mentioned. Got ready as it was last light and fading quick,the deer jumped the fence and low and behold, he decided to take the trail behind me where I had no shot.That was the night as I walked out I started a little stampeed as the cattle started towards my partner. He yelled and then they headed back toward me,LMAO. Was a good night, heading out with my man tomorrow night as I'll be hunting with my buddy who's taken 25 moose in the last 26 years. One of the top Moose guides in Alberta.
    Rocky

18. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em guys and gals! I'm in NH enjoying a vaca with my wife to see family, friends, and the foliage of the northeast.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411680056.602768.jpg

19. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Went Back Out Last Night
    Same result but my partner ran into 4 different cows ,each with last years calves. He figures the Cow's should come into estrus any day now. To bad I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Might catch the late rutt when I get back in 10 days! I walked in from the North on a 2 mile by 1 mile piece of Government land and Marty came in from the south. He had the wind at his front and I had it on my back. Better for him, the geese are starting to fly south ,man there was flock after flock flying south last night. I stopped at 4 different locations and called each time for a few calls and sat and waited for a 1/2 hour at each location. I had a lot of sign around me and I think I heard a bull grunting a few times but to no avail. Pretty night though, gosh the leaves are just about ready to come of and with their brilliant colours are just awesome to look at. Back at it this afternoon, raining right now,hopefully it'll stop by this afternoon. Guys be safe out there!
    Rocky

20. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] live from the bear stand. Hoping one with a diamond on its chest comes in, looks to be # 250