Team 13 **Tall Tines & Naughty Pines**

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well expect some pics sometime this weekend. Just went through all 2500-3000 pics from last two weeks and had alot of bucks show up. Even the big guy I'm after on a different area of the farm. He had a buddy tagging along walking by one of my stands in daylight. Still gotta go through and import and clean up list of pics but I'll start working on that soon. Pretty pleased with this pull.

After looking at one cam that's close to where blind is I'm debating on moving it now. It's on one side of creek and cam is on crossing. Looks like most the deer cross creek and enter field my blind is looking at farther down the draw instead of coming up little field road that's there. Not sure what they do then so either gonna haveta do couple sits and see or move blind on other side of creek and catch them entering the crossing.

Decisions decisions ha ha

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lookin forward to the pics!!!!

Didn't pan out the way i wanted it to this morning. I was in the tree, settled in by 345ish. nice and chilly very dark with no moon. 15-20 minutes before legal shooting light the buck comes through crunching away on the acorns. I knew it was him, could see his rack. but it wouldnt have been good on camera being that dark. he was within 5 yards at one point, then he crossed my trail that i walked in on, and bolted like he had been shot...can't beat that sniffer. i thought i was in the clear but guess not! Had an old matriarch nan doe come in stomping her feet circling around me, but she couldnt pin my location....very smart girl, awesome encounter to witness!! I had no intention of shooting her, I could see 3 little heads in the brush line where she came from waiting for the all clear from mamma! Good day, wish it went a little different though!! Unfortunately it will probably be a few weeks before i get back in the woods. next weekend I'm heading to VT, to meet up with all the guys from the Illinois outfitter i go to for a cookout and little 3d shoot. should be fun, and it will let things calm down a bit in my woods.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Victory the score doesn't matter as long as you had a memorable hunt! Good luck &stay safe in those trees everyone!

4. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wore myself out at the range this morning, figured I'd end the day on these last two targets at 30 and 35 yards. Accuracy was dropping because I was getting tired but shot well on these last two. Oct 25th, hurry and get here![​IMG][​IMG]

5. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Lookin good! You are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't help that I was already up to about 100 arrows when I shot these, but still decent groupings! If I'm shooting like that when arms are tired, I have confidence in a good shot from the stand. The key for me to remember is deep breath and relax when I draw on my first deer and concentrate on the fundamentals!

7. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    And no all the other holes aren't from me, public range :p

8. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well idk what to do about the pics, I'll try to get some off my phone which won't be all that good. Idk what goin on with my laptop, every time I open the windows photo gallery it shuts down within about 30 secs. I've tried re installing it and still same thing. So gotta take it in to where got it and see. Just got the dang thing but it's about to turn into target practice. Ha. Frustrating

9. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Getting a good rain soaking today wiping out all my scent from the woods! Good stuff, i might make it out later this week for an afternoon sit. Really tough to do though with my son coming home from school though he is older now (14), and i need to be in bed by 7pm to get up for 1230..Gonna be great for the rut when the sun is setting earlier, im home by noontime now from work. I should have an amazing opportunity this november with Illinois first week, then home hunting after that!

10. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice shooting shuls!

11. obsessed bowhunter

obsessed bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the latest pic I have of "Lefty" I had one camera that had no pics at all. It is in my truck at this moment, gonna move it. Another one the batteries died on and then this one had a few pics on it.

Attached Files:

12. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    That's a nice looking buck!

13. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Here's couple pics from yesterday's pull. Until get computer fixed all I got is crappy phone pics, but can somewhat see them.

Here's some of the ones I'd like to put a arrow through.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just some random ones. The one has some what of a half rack and the other already broke a point off. Both young though so they'd get a pass anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer pics! Checked one trail cam today and discovered a huge doe that's been frequenting the area. Checked a secod trail cam yesterday and as I was cruising the pics...Oh...my..Goodness...the bachelor group s back!! A large main frame 8 just to the inside of the ears, and a 10 just to the ears. Need I say, HELLO! Was getting disappointed thinking my only prospects were spikes and forks!

Sat out yesterday afternoon and saw at least 20 turkeys in three different groups. Had one doe come out just after sunset on the corner of the soy beans. Think I will be setting my ground blind up for gun season! Hey nothing wrong with thinking ahead right?

15. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember, aim small, miss small! I like to fling arrows down range, but always place the highest critics on my first arrow. I figure that first arrow most likely will be the only one I get to fling from the stand, so that's the one I place the most emphasis on. Of course, Im not saying that I wont fling another 30 or so down range ! :lol:

16. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im loving those bucks jrk!

17. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I'm glad to see some daytime activity. The very first pic is pretty close to a stand. That buck woulda been a dead deer, he had to take maybe one more step to be in a nice shooting lane. So hopefully that happens again except when I'm sitting in that stand in about week and a half ha.

18. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Great pics/pull!!!

19. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great pics !!! My season starts Saturday hopefully i can get some points on the board and meat in the freezer opening morning !!!

20. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully the week flies by for ya!!