Free Food Plot from a Tresppasser

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by tcb3214, Aug 22, 2014.

1. younggun

younggun Newb

Dislikes Received:
    any pictures at all on the food plot? lol this is a very interesting story!

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts exactly. Why not teach the guy to be a bit more ethical and use your powerful positive influence to make an impact on someone. Isn't that part of why we enjoy the outdoors in the first place?

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate trespassers!!!! That was funny though. I had to post my 181 again this year. We have to post it every 50 feet for it to be legally posted. I've had to deal with too. It just blows my mind about them.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is it possible the guy didn't know the property line? Or that he was limited to the just 5 ac?....seems a little out of whack that he would go through the trouble getting permission on the 5 ac, then drag a tractor and plant a food plot all without permission on another property.. Wonder why anyone wasn't aware that a tractor was working on the the plot either? Isnt a tractor tilling a plot kid of hard to miss...

Now this wont be popular but I can care less. To come on here and seemingly gloat over this guys misfortune is bit of a D bag move. I think a better coarse of action was to somehow make the situation a winner for everyone involved at least in the short term. Say what you want the fact that guy put some time and effort into improvements is something,speaks better of him we are being lead believe. A i think that planting food plots inst typical of trespassers..... so it kind of leads me to think there is a little more to this story then we are hearing.

5. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Bones, sounds like someone useful to have in your pocket. Unless your family doesn't agree.

6. Cajun Ty

Cajun Ty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't agree more

7. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate people who do crap like that. Good to hear you got it handled man. Keep up on the plot for sure. Everyone gave you solid advice on this one.

8. tcb3214

tcb3214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im the d-bag? Thats funny. The guy blatantly trespassed. He was given permission to hunt the 5 acres his buddy owns and that is it. He knew where the property line is located. His buddy stops mowing at the south end of his property. I am assuming the trespasser just figured he wouldn't get caught on our land because the part of the property where the food plot is located is grown up quite a bit and could be hidden. He actually cleared out trees, brush, bushes, etc. on the part of the property we stayed out of because it is a bedding area. So yes he did put in a food plot (that we will use), but he disturbed the bedding area that we have left as a sanctuary the past 3 seasons. He has ZERO rights to be on our property. I did not come on here to gloat about his misfortune. I thought it was a trespassing story that actually worked out for the property owners instead of another story about trespassers getting away with hunting on someone else's land.

So Trial153 that is the story. We are not very fond of trespassers on private land here in Illinois. Our land has been in the family for decades, and we are very picky about who we let use it. Maybe it is different in New York, and it is harder to find private/public land to hunt?

9. tcb3214

tcb3214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    plot 1.jpg plot 1a.jpg

View of food plot

10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry about it man, most will agree with you that the trespasser is a jackwagon. Without a doubt some with a similar attitude are going to dis you for giving the guy the boot and telling him to eff off.

Enjoy the plot and thank the guy with the five acres for being an upstanding guy and letting you know about the problem and also revoking the guys permission.

11. tcb3214

tcb3214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. I appreciate the support

12. Deercrazy21

Deercrazy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    so true man now you have a pest problem that can be hard to get rid of