@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck to you guys this morning :D

2. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That does suck man but you gotta do what you gotta do...Just had to yearling does pass through...got within 5 yards of blind lol..now I want gma to showup....

3. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last Nights Sit
    Was a bust again, deer 3 hunter zip. I hung 3 more Trail Cams to see what's using these trails I've notice over the last 3 years. Property is under new owners and man it's a shambles compared to Don. Talked to the new owner and he said he gave another hunter permission to hunt there. I told him one more hunter is no good as he'll mark up all the terrain and lay his scent down. It's only 20 acres and 2 of my best deer call this home Tank & High Tower,both will go over 200. As I walked out last night I never saw any scrapes yet which I found unusual. Thinking the deer moved back to the back of the property now because of all the work being done there. Owner said no one has stepped into the back yet though. I'll be back out there next week to check the cams and see whats to show. Hoping the work load being done their hasn't affected the deer? Be back out this afternoon as I have to go because I got totally drenched by a monsoon as I walked out last night ,need to get my clothing dried out before they get a musty smell. Good luck guys & Gal.
    Rocky

4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] New Boys on Cam. Pulled a 12 hour day and got all my stands up along with camp and a food plot. Can't wait for Oct 1st.

5. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't sound like the best situation Rocky...Either way it must be awesome chasing 2 giants like that!!

6. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ohhhh Yeah!!!

7. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Slow opening day for me guys...Saw 2 yearlings this a.m. And got ran out of the woods by strong t storms this evening....maybe next time!!

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No deer yesterday. In a good spot this morning.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Frustrating weekend. I pulled the cards and had zero morning activity. None. Zip. But almost every evening they were coming into my plots. I ended up ruining my evening hunt because I took the 4 year old and he got real bored and made tons of noise and asked to go back to the cabin till I said OK. I guess he isn't ready yet.

I'll be hunting the lease on Wednesday night after work.

10. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man opening day for urban for me and I'm stuck pulling a 10 he shift at the job site....totally blows. Supposed to be off at 3 tomorrow so that would give me plenty of time to hunt. Hopeful illy this happens and I can get a doe. Anybody having any luck yet seeing movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Went out Last Night
    Been hunting this land for 6 years and last night I got out about 4 so I could hang my last 2 Trail Cams. Low and behold someone took my Tree Stand. Go figure I'm on private property . So I walked to the end of the bush where I have another stand and I spot it so that's good. I continue on around the bend and I see another stand, ladder stand. SO I'm ticked a bit wondering what I should do,it's a 3/4 mile walk back to my truck just to get a paper & pen to leave him a message and decide what the heck, I'll climb up and try this. 6:30 and I look out to the field and there's a yote @18 yards. By the time I grabbed my bow and tried to draw he took of on a trot. Never knew I was there and I didn't know he was there either,LMAO.
    I look up the field and here comes the guy to hunt the night in his ladder stand which I'm in. I say your on private property and ask him the name of the land owner. Gives me the name of the guy that reside's on the other side of the bush and I reply he doesn't own this property, Dave does. So we talk a bit and he tells me there's some mulies here and shows me some pics. Then I ask him if he took my stand and he replied with the land owners permission he did! So he took me to where he hung it and I said he could use it for the rest of the season, Then I'll hang it back where it was . So now there is 2 of us till I straighten this out with t he owner and see what he says. Any way's I hung another TC and took off as my night was ruined for that hunt. Turned out pretty good for our confrontation as I thought I'd be a little bit more aggressive than I was! Man I'm getting to old for confrontation's where fists could fly. That could be a good thing for me,LOL.:wave:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  12. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about that youngfart, Im hoping all my stands are around when I return in October.

Plenty of daytime activity up here in MI, unfortunately i can't do a thing about it until October.

13. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well gang, sounds like a slow opening weekend for everyone. Bummer, I was hoping to log on here and see some bloodshed. Stay after it tho, beofre too long one of us will break the ice. I wish I could be in a tree giving forth some effort today since its opening day here in KS, but I couldnt make it work with my schedule. I will however be up a tree wednesday-friday and hopefully I can add some points to the board. Depending on the wind wednesday, I'll be hunting the light colored 10 all day. I'll either kill him, or I wont chase him again until the rut. He's been getting irregularly nocturnal in his visits to where I'll be hunting him so maybe I'll get lucky. Thursday and friday I'll be going after does. I always like to get one killed early and ease some pressure. Thursday I'm going to setup in a cedar brush blind and try to get another doe from the ground (If you havent done this its a serious rush). Friday I'll be in a small 10 acre woodlot right on the edge of town. theres pretty good doe bedding near there so I'll give it a shot. Good luck out there everyone.

14. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff
    Go get'm bud. Good luck
    Rocky

15. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well not the best start for any of us really lol....guess what??? It will get better!! Just a matter of time :)

16. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Well, perfect wind for tomorrow morning! I need any south wind, but a straight south, or SW is preferred and I'll have just that. Also, they're calling light rain most of the early morning. I'm hoping to sneak in without busting any deer and maybe that big 10 will make a mistake and show up during shooting light. I really couldn't ask for more perfect conditions to hunt this buck. I'm praying he'll make an error and I'll get a bloody arrow tomorrow. Good luck to those of you who will be hunting also.

Side note, my phone is officially done! So no more updates via tapatalk from me until it's replaced which could be a long time. If I do connect tomorrow I'll be sure to let you know on here, but pics may come a bit later.

17. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck to the guys who can hunt already, 14 Days until I hit the woods here in MI.

Will be heading to the U.P. in 7 days and the anticipation is killing. I plan on hunting mostly nights for bear and fishing in the mornings along with small game. This will be my first bear hunt and my first time to the U.P. so it should be quite the experience.

How are the deer moving in your neck of the woods? We have a lot of day photos recently of hard horned deer, but no rubs or scrapes in the area. Plan on leaving our hunt sites unpressured for the next 2 weeks.

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am hitting the lease tonight after work. First time hunting it this season. It will get much better once the corn is harvested but there are still plenty of deer around. I'm not really buck hunting there. Just looking to kill.

19. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Slow morning! I saw a couple 2 year olds, and that was it. Conditions were perfect, but the big 10 didn't show up. I pulled my card at that stand and he's still coming in but at weird hours. 3 am, 5:30 Am, 9 PM. There's a carpet of acorns in our woods and that usually puts regular patterns on the frenzy for a while. Oh well, he's around, hopefully I can hold him here and get after him during the rut. The wind has switched around outta the east for this evening so I'll be sitting one of my doe stands. With the acorns dropping tho, who knows what will happen! I'm not a huge east wind fan haha!!!

20. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch
    Just realized I'm down for 3 days,dang I forgot the window cleaner comes tomorrow @ 12,maybe I can sneak in a morning sit. Forgot about that, today's my daughter's 30th Bday so I'm stuck home . Better get out and cut the grass while the weather is above normal! All booked for Play Da Carmen today in Mexico in February for 26 days. Hell yeah, man after our cold winters a person needs some where to thaw out ,LOL
    Rocky