Rangefinders......... The Truth.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bails-UK, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'm wanting to buy a rangefinder and have my eye on a Bushnell 'The Truth', anybody tried it, if so are you happy with it. I only have a $180-$200 budget.

2. recurvestalker

recurvestalker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got one, my first, it does what it claims, no complaints at all. Simple design, fits in the hand, pocket, or on my bino harness alongside my binocs. I really like that it only uses power when you range something, and the one button design.
    But yeah, I have nothing to compare it to.

3. Pony30

Pony30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got one as well. Have used for a few weeks and pretty happy with. Good design and easy to use. Only issue I have seen is it takes longer to range in objects in lower light conditions (I have had situations where I had to try multiple times). Not perfect but pretty happy over all for the price that I paid.

4. AWK08

AWK08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    before buying last week, i checked amazons feedback on 3 moderately priced rangefinders...the WGI halo, simmons tilt and the bushnell arc

both the wild game innovations halo and simmons tilt had some negative feedbacks on function, or should i say malfunctions, and inaccurate distances, more than i would have liked to see.

the only negative feedback on the bushnells i could find was people complaining that bushnell would not honor some rebate they had offered last year. none were about function.

so that made the choice easy, but about $40-60 more for a top rated bushnell :)

i did end up winning a lightly used chuck adams edition bushnell arc for a good price on ebay, and couldn't be happier so far.
    it's basically the same as "the truth" series.

if i had not won it, i was getting this demo model truth for only $147.....
    (read the description of demo use, factory refurbished and same factory warranty)

Bushnell The Truth with Arc Laser Rangefinder Item 202342 Bow Hunting Must | eBay

with the reputation and feedback, you can't go wrong with the bushnells, IMO
    your results may very :)

expect to pay $270-ish if your looking for the new "clearshot" models

5. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own one. It works great. GOt it for $140 off of ebay. It was a demo model.

6. steves1911

steves1911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Look into the Nikon acculon model as well. It's a very compact rangefinder with good glass and it works well. It picked up my neighbors barn at 586yds and will pick up trees out to 300yds.

7. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback Guys, you've really helped me to make my choice easier ;)