@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it rocky. Get us on the board!

2. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im shooting the first big doe within range. Then holding out for a buck and filling my extra doe tags during shotgun/muzzleloader.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys sorry I've been inactive for a while. Wifey and I are about half way through the napa and Sonoma anniversary trip. We're having a blast, but I'm definitely ready to get home and kill something.

4. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My plans are to drop a nice sized doe asap, then wait until a nice buck comes to see me for his nap. Opening day is only 8 days away for this guy!!!!!! Good luck and safe hunting to everyone. Lets win this damn thing!!!!!!!!!!

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What does everyone use for their mineral sites?

Do you mix multiple companies minerals together over the years, or Do you start a new site every time you have a new mineral?

I personally have 3 sites set up at this moment, 1 Trophy Rock, One C'mere Deere Block, and a Crush Corn Block. Other than the trophy rock, which is getting hammered, I don't think any other site is getting used very often.

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I do minerals I mix my own batch.

http://www.qdma.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11.html

Just remember that come this time of year minerals don't do much anymore.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  7. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a big fan of monster raxx minerals. I've tried a lot of what's out there and for the soil types in southeast Kansas and what my deer have a palate for nothing works better. The deer were cleaning up 10 pounds a week through the spring and summer months, and I've seen a vast improvement in the herd since I started using it. 4 years ago there was not a buck over 110" on our property. It had also been poached on and trespassed on for many years before we took over management and adopted some qdma practices. I'm very pleased with the results.

8. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just ordered 3 bottles of monster raxx, Apple, Vanilla, and Cherry I beleive are the ones I got

9. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Great product! I'll use it as cover scent on my boots and trail in to the stand. I also spray it on new mineral sites to help the deer find it initially. It's a really versatile item!

10. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just posted a thread in the main forum about my mineral sites. I bought cheap 25lb blocks and within a week the rotted on me. Smelt horrible and I wasn't getting picture of deer. I've had to move my cameras and I'm gonna go with Monsteraxx brand stuff. Seems to be very popular with guys on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a similar thing happen to me recently, My Trophy Rock had a thin layer of mold on it, but the dirt all around it was torn up! How many critters out in the woods do you think will visit a mineral site?

12. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys
    Going camping with my son and his wife and grandson for the last time this weekend then on Monday I'm off chasing Elk & mulies for a week with my good friend Martin. Then I'll be back for 8 days for whitetails and Moose, mostly Moose as they come into rutt. I see team 17 is on the board with a doe!I've only been out the one time since opening day, that's bad. See everyone when I get back.Don't forget that safety belt and hunt safe.
    Rocky

13. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just found out that we got 4" of rain near the cabin last night. Roads washed out. We were already too wet before this. I would not be surprised if my plots are destroyed.

14. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I wish kansas would get some rain like that. We had a very hot, windy, and dry August. My turnip plot looked dead before I left for vacation. Hopefully it will come back if we get some rain.

15. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    EK003400.jpg EK003408.jpg

Cant get any of my bucks to show up during the day but here two of them. The bigger buck is the same one in both pics.

16. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dude. That is great news. Hunt the moon days and catch him early

17. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I've got the moon phase all mapped out when its not full so I'm in the woods when I've got the best chance of seeing him in the day. I don't know how I've not gotten a picture of him during the day, been getting pictures of him for the last 3 months and they've all been in the middle of the night. Hopefully he will get on another pattern before the 15th, he's still paired up with the other buck in that picture. He's got to break away from being paired up with him soon so I'm hoping he gets into a daytime pattern but who knows. He's in an urban zone which is under the earn a buck program sos ill have to get us 50 points before can get him. I saw that one guy had killed a doe for another team but i don't hunk anyone else has scored yet.

18. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well Got up This Morning
    And the dreaded Snow word popped out of my mouth! Seriously guys it's snowing and supposed to snow all day!Warming up later on in the week. Back to mid 20's by the weekend. Should have the leaves falling big time.Just think ,I was swimming yesterday and camping with my grand kids wearing shorts and no shirt :ninja:.Packing up today and heading to the foothills in the morning for a week of Elk hunting and maybe a mulie tag will get filled. Will have to be 170 or better for me to waste a whitetail buck tag on an arrow. Should be a fun week, really looking forward to spending some god time with my close friend in God's country.
    Rocky

19. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I will have to wait until I pull my cards this week....My season starts Saturday...Most likely I will be chasing slick heads until the end of October...Who knows though....

20. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy Rocks are really doing good this year....I have tried a homemade batch that I got from a friend in the central part of NC but it just doesn't seem to hold the deer in my area...He has 6 foot craters that are a foot or more deep where they have wore it out over the last 4-5 years...We buy the exact same stuff from the same place so just goes to show you stuff may not work everywhere....And we are not but about 2.5 hrs away.....