The best thing about hunting alone is...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MTSCMike, Sep 1, 2014.

1. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going at your own pace. Not have to wait to leave or worry about how much noise were making going in.

2. WISCOZ7

WISCOZ7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this. I hunt public almost exclusively. I put in a lot of time scouting and exploring areas in the off season. My buddies don't put in the effort or the time. I have a few honey holes which I prefer not to bring anyone to, except for my dad and two of my close buddies who let me hunt on their private land occasionally. I don't have to worry about friends bringing friends, which have friends etc. It keeps the pressure on the deer down, and in turn makes for more deer movement, which is great when you hunt public!!! I do have to say I enjoy hunting with my close hunting buddies who are on the same page as me. I don't have to worry about them blowing up the spot or shooting anything they see, and they know I won't do it either when they bring me to their land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. WISCOZ7

WISCOZ7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Who says there's no deer on public!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. alittlelow

alittlelow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt public a lot as well and its not wise to take people in and out to your stands. I to put in lots of time walking, hiking , and scouting. I've been screwed over so many times in my younger hunting days by"buddies" or family i vowed to take noone except my dad or kids. If certain people even catch a hint where your hunting they will go in and look for your setups.lol Any more i tell noone. And especially don't text trail cam pics!! Sounds bad but this way the only one that can let the cat out of the bag is myself. Also is a pain when your trying to set stands and people argue with why you shouldn't hang one there.lol Everyone has their own way of doing things and almost never see eye to.eye when hunting deer. Especially big deer. So Keep to myself. There's no running late, getting stood up, or shooting the wrong deer.lol. Its peaceful that wayha ha