Team High Tines - Team 6

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by On Point, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bucks Nate! Welcome!

2. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the club Nate. Glad ya made it & ya even brought trail cam pics. :)

3. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only two more left to check -in, & it looks like a good crew with some good states to hunt. We have people from Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota & Arkansas, we just need these last two guys to be from Indiana & Kansas & we'll be set. :)

So now that the team is filling up & we're obviously going to win this thing this year, its fitting that we all get to know each other a little better. So share something about yourself & also share a bit about how, why & where ya hunt.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am 23 years old, married, I have a 14 month old son, I am a Mercedes Benz technician in Northwest Ohio. I hunt lightly pressured public property. This will be my 4th season bow hunting, I am a self taught hunter, coming from a family of non-hunters. Last year I shot a 145" 10 pointer on a piece of public land I frequent. I found bowhunting.com during my first season hunting and it has been a blessing ever since. I am a simple man with a simple plan and try to enjoy the little things. God has been good and I suspect he will keep it up.

5. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kudos on being self taught & taking a 145" on public after only 4 years of hunting. That's pretty impressive & absolutely a blessing.
    What kind of land are you hunting, woodlots, river bottoms, prairie, etc?

6. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm mark and I just turned 30 last Saturday. I love in Belmont, wi with my girlfriend and chocolate lab, Smokey. I kinda bounce around between public and private land. My best spot is a 30 acre piece of woods and CRP. I started bow hunting in 2010 and have gone 4 for 4 so far. Three with a bow and one gun buck. My biggest is a 158 5/8" mainframe 10 last year. If I'm not bowhunting I'm smallies fishing the creeks in the area or shooting 3D. I have a website that I do just for fun at www.huntthejourney.com or find me on Facebook at TheJourney. I hope everyone has a great season!

7. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy theJourney, great site & well done. Well, same as I said to Nate, pretty impressive man. 4 for 4 are pretty awesome stats & a 158 5/8 is a slob of a deer. We demand pictures, lol.

8. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guess Ill share too. Im Jason, I turn 38 in a couple weeks & I live in Mason Co. Illinois. Im a Home Inspector & HVAC tech. Ive been married forever & daddy of 6 & we're expecting #7 in January. Ive been hunting & fishing anything & everything for as long as I can remember, but really started bowhunting hard in the last 6 years. I started out mainly hunting public land, but over the last few years Ive gained a lot of private land use close to home & Im guiding & hunting with an outfitter over in Pike & Calhoun county too. Im not necessarily a trophy hunter & with 6 kids it takes quite a few does every season to keep the freezer full. However, both of the primary farms Im hunting have size restrictions on the bucks, which makes the hunting more challenging, but far more rewarding.
    When Im not hunting whitetails, Im with the wife & kids fishing or thru hiking or spending time with the extended family. Life is good & keeps getting better. :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  9. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just turned 37 on Tuesday, I'm a programmer/(and about 10 other things) at a Telcomm here in MN. I started bow hunting when I was 12. I have quite a bit of land to hunt around here. My dad has around 450 acres and I have a couple friends that double that, that let me hunt. I also have family that farms over 2000 acres that I can hunt but that is over an hour away.

I bought my 10yr old son a Diamond Infinite Edge this spring and hope to get him a shot on a deer early this fall on a apprentice hunt. I'm really just more excited to have him up in the tree with a bow in his hands.

10. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    love the avatar!!

11. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As a father, I cant think of a more rewarding lesson than a father teaching a son to hunt whitetails. Keep at it man & happy belated bday.

12. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Name is Patrick and I'm in my 6th season bowhunting. I've been lucky enough to take a buck every other year. I started in '08 with killing a nice buck opening morning of my first ever hunt, in 2010 I was lucky enough to be able to put down an 11pt that green scored 182 5/8", he officially gross scored 180 0/8" after the drying period. In 2011 I deflected off a twig and missed a nice one that was around 145", in 2012 I killed a decent 8pt, but he didn't score all that well- he had a good frame and length but no mass. Last year was my worst year ever. We got hit with EHD and I didn't feel comfortable even taking a deer, so I didn't. I saw 1 shooter the entire season. I don't know if I mentioned this in my previous post but I'm 26, been married a year on 9/14 and we are expecting our first little one on 12/23. I'm a Co-Manager for a Wal-Mart store, so unfortunately I don't get but maybe 1 or 2 sits in a week anymore. I do most of my hunting in typical Midwest ag-land in east central IL. I've got a few options to hunt- a 160 acre farm, a new 40 acre farm that I've never set foot on, a 120 acre farm that I lease, another 40 that has a nice pond that I hope to sit over a few times, and just recently acquired a farm that is probably 1200 acres. It's almost all tillable but has quite a few small 5-15 acre patches of timber with narrow strips of timber connecting it all.

I also just started filming last year, so we will see how that goes again this year.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  13. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Sounds like another killer in our midst. Pretty impressive stats bro. Again, we demand pictures. :)
    Congrats on the up-coming anniversary & the baby too.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG] Here is my 158 from last year.
    [​IMG] some of the others.

15. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    By the looks of these pictures our team name fits well. Yall are killin some high tines for sure. Those are some awesome bucks & Im thinkin we all want to hear the back stories now. :bow:

17. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  18. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The property I hunt most is a 450 acre mostly wooded with a small lake surrounded by ag-fields.

19. jnida

jnida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG] here is the 145 from last year.

20. On Point

On Point Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck, what part of the season did ya harvest him?