Anybody on here from WNC,E TENN, or S.W. VA, or mtn W.V.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by zjohn14, Aug 28, 2014.

1. zjohn14

zjohn14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was just wondering if there happened to be any ppl on from the Appalachian mtn or as others say the blue ridge mtns. With any good bucks on cam. Ppl are claiming they ant any big bucks in mtns. I believe there is. Someone make me a believe.

2. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have any pics to post, never done it but I do have several on trail cams and a few on the wall that would be good bucks anywhere, guy I work with killed the biggest one I know of, green scored low 190's and after deducts and such netted in the low 180's. Monster deer. I have seen several in my travels, trust me they are here. If I can figure out this pic thing I'll try to post a few. BTW southern WV, bow only counties.

3. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You don't need to see pictures.

People say that to keep you from hunting there or to make themselves feel better about being too lazy to go hunt on the mountain.

Go put in the work. Hang cameras and scout the area out.

4. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    State record typical was taken in Roane county Tennessee so there are definitely good ones out there. I'm from middle Tennessee and the state record non typical was taken right down the road from where I use to live. I remember seeing the picture posted on the wall at the check in station. Like others have said they are there just have to work a little harder for them!

5. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are no good bucks in VA...move along ;)

6. zjohn14

zjohn14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep no big bucks in the mtns at all.. You guys are awesome I do however just wanna pay one pic of a buck I just showed up in my for plot I' would honestly fall outta my stand if he came rolling thru

[​IMG]

7. zjohn14

zjohn14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First pic I got of him all year an I have cams every where. I have a 8,9 an 11 that ran together all yr an there all 3yr or older. I wish had better pic sorry