@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Urban opens on Sept 15 for me, should be able able to get a doe really easy to get us on there.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do it!

3. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify, our first buck is worth the score of his rack. Our 2nd buck and any legal amount of does you can kill are worth 50 points each.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Correct.

5. mndeerskewer

mndeerskewer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be in the woods Sept 13 on private land. Good buck has been seen on the property so keeping fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Correct on the first part about the initial buck scoring what his rack measures (unless it's under 50" then the fergie clause comes into play and a minimum of 50 points is awarded). Also, it's been this way in past years, you only get to an additional fifty points for another single buck or single doe. Not fifty points for each additional deer harvested.

Example: hunter kills a 100" first buck, two does, and then another buck....they would add 150 points to the score. Because only his first buck counts and then 1 additional deer.

Example: hunter kills a 40" buck then two does. He is awarded 100 points for the team. 50 for the fergie clause buck and fifty for the first additional doe.

Does that make sense on the additional deer?

And please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's how the scoring went last year.

7. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats clears it up because it seemed a bit much to give each doe a score of 50 points but it would be nice.

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I misunderstood your message before. Yes. Only 1 buck and 1 additional 50 points.

9. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Haha it sure would be nice! Although they dropped the antlerless tags in my unit this year from 5 down to 2. That's plenty for my wife and I tho. I think they did it because We had some EHD come through in 2012 and 2013.

10. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    It's getting itchy here guys and gals....I check cams on Wednesday for the first time in 10 days and I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas. I'd love for one of the shooter ghosts from last year to make a reappearance or maybe a new mature buck altogether :-)

11. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am also checking my cams after about 10 days. hopefully my two bucks that are "shooter" show back up.

12. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My season opens Sept. 28th, but I'll likely be working the local Oktoberfest that day. I'm hoping to get out for 1 or 2 sits that weekend, but I'm afraid my time in the stand is going to be pretty limited until late October.

13. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah my calendar is looking pretty full until November. We start sept 16 and I'll get maybe 5 sits in before the lull, then I work like crazy in October hunting maybe a sit or two per week. November however I work as little as possible. I think I've got an 8 day stretch from November 4-12 off and then again the 16-22 off and the thanksgiving holiday off. I'm praying to tag something nice this year!

14. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am hoping I can hunt 2 or 3 weekends in both October and November but plan on coming out in December as well for muzzleloader.

15. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season here in Illinois opens Oct 1st. I will hunt usually about 4 days per week.. I am bowhunting the earn a buck property, so I am required to kill a doe 1st then I can take a buck. But thank god in the past I usually get my doe opening day or ocasionally in the 1st few days of opening week.
    I envy you guys getting to start in Sept, but with the heat and the herd mosquitoes here now it would be miserable starting hunting any earlier than oct 1st.
    Great looking food plot ya got there !

16. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely a younger buck but it is hard to tell what He is exactly....Almost appears to be a 7 pointer....

17. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely looks like a great spot man!!! If you plant it they will come :)

18. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    September13th for me....Cannot wait!!!

19. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am always excited about the season opening but this year I am especially excited. Last years do to a change in job, my work week went from 40 hrs to 75+ hrs. I am married and have 3 young boys so you can imagine how much I got to hunt lol...I usually only get to hunt a couple times a week anyway but because of that job I only hunted maybe 10 time throughout the entire season which runs from 2nd Saturday in September to the January 1st. Yep, not a lot of hunting for me last year....This year I was fortunate to offerered my boss's old job as GIS Administrator for Pender County. I am now back to working 40 hrs a week. I have my vacation, sick and comp time back and I can do a lot of my work remotely from home.....hopefully that means more time in the woods this year...Me and my Dad were super pumped last week after talking with the new landowner of a big farm we have hunted for 12 years. I know the family that bought it so I thought we had a pretty good shot at getting permission. Well, we had permission for a week until she came to my house yesterday and informed me that she should not have giving us permission...Nothing against us but she knew it would cause problems with people she has told no too....Anyway, there is a ton of deer on this farm but it is nowhere the farm it used to be because of the wild pigs. Plus the new farmer that is tending it planted cotton which it not a big food source for them...They will eat of course but when they have adjoining properties with fields of lush soybeans and peanuts you know where they are going to be...Anyway, with that being said I picked up some new ground to hunt which is loaded with deer so it will not effect me to much...My Dad was really bummed out though because that was the first tract He gained permission to hunt and where He killed his first archery buck and so on and on...His spots are very limited unlike mine so hopefully I can get him permission to hunt on couple of the farms I hunt...Anyway, sorry for the long rambling post lol....

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got this guy on camera a few times this year. There are bigger ones around but if he gave me a good shot I would probably let it fly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]