Field and Stream Screw UP!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jakeratt, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Back and already acting the same, way to go SnS

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What are you talking about?

3. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    Pics..

Attached Files:

4. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Almost as bad as Hoyt's issue with keeping their limbs together. lol

How does a bow being blown up look poorly on the bow company? An idiot who dry fires/derails their bow will do it regardless of what company bow they have. We have people come in to the store ALL THE TIME who say, "idk what happened, it just blew up." Uhhhh, no.

Compound Bow Accident - YouTube

5. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep that is the pic! Like I said sorry I couldn't find my magazine it must be at work. What do you guys think!

6. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    An editor probably tried to draw the bow without a release, and derailed it upon letting it down. I'd almost bet money on it.

7. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    I "think" I will nock another arrow in my Mathews Bow brother.

I have friends that shoot brand x....(insert frown here).

8. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    Spoken like a true Bowtech FAN. Listen I am not saying Bowtech are bad. I am just saying in the 8 Years I have worked in a Shop the number one bow that was brought back in do to Derailing was always a Bowtech. I can tell you this with 100% confidence that I know how to draw a bow and I had 2 I repeat 2 Bowtech Insanity blow up on me while being drawn. Thats not due to poor form. Form your own opinion but, It looks really bad on Bowtech and field and stream for not proofing the images before going to publication.

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh...I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that any Hoyt ever made, had any problem...I guess it's fine then if Bowtech makes a few thousand bows that blow up. lol.

10. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, nothing to do with me being a fan of any brand. I've shot all of the flagship bows by each major company, and I preferred my experience over the others last year for various reasons, and didn't shoot a new bow this year that I felt was any better than what I have now, so why switch.

Sorry, but if you have a bow derailing whilst you are drawing it, you're doing something wrong. The insanity was a very unforgiving bow, which I would assume you should know after 8 years working in a shop, and I have seen one derail in person before when someone decided to show it off and draw it free hand. But a bow will not derail on its own.

For the record, I'm not a diehard for any bow company: I'm a realist.

My jabs at Hoyt were all in fun, and I'd shoot one in a heartbeat.

11. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    Also, I've said it on here many times in various threads that I wasn't a fan of either of the new bowtech flagship bows. I'm a fan of whatever feels the best at a given time.

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I knew that...as were mine at BT....tis cool.

13. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion this is more a black eye for Field and Stream than Bowtech. I may currently own 2 Bowtech's but I am no fanboy (last two bows were Bear and PSE and I really like the Chill R and it may be my next bow). That bow was derailed and I have seen it happen with a lot of bows over the years, even Mathews. But F&S should never have allowed that pic to make print, that shows how little they actually know about archery equipment in my opinion. Or they just think we are all dumb and wouldn't notice. Not that it will do much good but I sent them a note expressing my feelings and saying I will no longer even bother reading anything they print about bows or archery. I never really did before unless somebody posted an article or link, then I used to read it.

14. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Correction... I DID see that photo, just paid it no mind because I was not interested in the RPM 360. As you can see from my signature, I shoot a Bowtech - however, I am not a fan of the new Bowtech bows. They feel awkward to me and very top heavy. I tried out a Mathews Chill a few weeks ago - again I'll state = BIG MISTAKE! That bow is a honey (and has me saving my pennies now for a future purchase).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  15. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    I am not making jabs at any member of this forum. You can believe what you want about my form and think that I dry fired it but, Thats pretty hard to due when you are wearing a anti-dryfire release. When you look at the cam on All of BT flagship bows in the last 3 yrs they all have had a shallow groove for the string to sit in, with very thin side walls on the deepest point. The mods are also very sharp to the point that most of the times when it would derail it would cause the string to 1. have burs on it. 2. break 3. need to be reserved.

With that being said, I am not a Mathews fanboy, or any companies at all. Next Year I will more than likely be shooting a Elite.

16. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    I never insinuated that you dry fired the bow, just that the bow itself won't derail on its own. That can be caused by a lot of different variables, and while the anti fire release prevents dry fires it doesn't prevent derailing due to torquing the bow, and or string. And I agree, when I said bowtech has had unforgiving bows lately I was crediting most of that to their new cam system, which would add to ease of derailing upon the slightest torque.

Just my .02, but a bow cannot derail on its own.

Nothing personal, and I didn't take anything you said as a jab.