Mathews Creed vs Prime Defy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by snorton330, Aug 21, 2014.

1. snorton330

snorton330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just to stir up something, wondered what some opinions were of these two bows? I currently own a creed and a prime defy is on the way. Debating selling one or the other, maybe both and just seeing what the new flagship bows are this year. Anyway, what are y'alls opinions?

I like the creed, it shoots well, but I feel like I've shot better. I traded a Spyder 30 for it and regretted it for the fact that the Spyder felt and shot way better.

-SN

2. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think the chill or chill r were definitely the best mathews bows this year. Between the creed and the prime, whichever one shoots and feels better is the one I would keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just couldn't get used to the way the grip of the Prime felt in my hand. I shot the Creed far more consistent.

SCFox

4. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews.

5. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I see SnS is back and working on adding to the post count.

As to the OP, I ended up choosing the Chill R over a Creed but the Prime is a pretty nice bow as well. It really comes down to what feels the best in your hands man.

6. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Sculs said it best in that you have to make that decision yourself ultimately. I bought a Creed XS earlier this year and then wound up selling it to get the Chill X. I have been happy with that so far. I have shot the Creed and it was drastically different from the XS as far as feel. I need to shoot this years prime but the last Prime I drew I put it back because I did not like the draw cycle. It could have been just that bow but then again its all about what you like.

Shoot them both and if you like the Spyder better still go back to it. It is a solid performing bow all around. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.