Busted deer

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bowhunter Brown, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Bowhunter Brown

Bowhunter Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok i just went down to my hunting spot and i was moving my camera and i spooked two nice bucks one was a giant 8 pointer and the other was a little smaller, not as wide 8 pointer but should i worry that i spooked them? Thats the most pressure they've had this year cause i've only been down there twice but season starts in a month... should i worry that i blown them out've the area?

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be too worried...as for doing work on properties in the off season I made a very short video touching on what I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes. They will never come back. In fact it's a waste of time to sit there this year.

Hey, I tell you what. Why don't you give me the address and stand location and I'll go ahead and sit in it for you this year. We are like family around here and I don't mind taking one for the team. It will be boring but at least I will keep the seat warm for 2015 when they come back.

Your welcome. :o

4. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Awww...you didn't like my offer? Oh well suit yourself. ;)

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    bahaha! Cablebob beat me to it at offering to hunt it :) You'll be fine bud (Bowhunter Brown)

6. Bowhunter Brown

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks tynimiller. im not that worried about it i bet there in there right now feeding in the big field i hunt.

7. Bowhunter Brown

Dislikes Received:
    LOL!!!!! thats funny man hahahahahaha. But the property's only big enough for 2 hunters me and my grandpa hahaha

8. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Enjoy the season with gramps. I'm sure you both will make some great memories this year.

9. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jumping them once shouldn't effect them at all. I'm sure they have been jumped by limbs calling, a stray dog running thru or whatever several times. If you spooked them over and over or maybe made several misses on them in season, then I would be worried that they fled the area or went nocturnal. Otherwise, go in soft, try to figure out where they are bedding down and/or their travel routes and hunt them! Good luck.

I hunt a small private land spot with very few climbable trees. There is a regular small herd (we have named it "The Neighborhood Watch") of 4 deer. After a few weeks of hunting there, they will get to the point the lead does are looking in the trees because they know we are there somewhere.. but they keeps coming back almost every morning. My spot is a serious funnel point, so there is no choice of where to cross from food to bed. Either go very exposed in large open yards or come thru our funnel area, so I have extreme circumstances and it is not the norm. But this has been for 3 going on 4 seasons now. Hoping that main old doe either got harvested or makes a little mistake and lets 1 of us get her.