Pot Legal in Washington Today

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by SPOTnSTALK, Jul 8, 2014.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL....

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same could be said with online poker. I used to play poker online but the government couldn't figure out how to get money from the online poker companies so they banned it. It was crazy. I finally started making decent money 5 years or so ago and they banned it for no other reason than they couldn't figure out how to tax it. Dumb.

3. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    We have "continued usage" with people who drink heavily every day (not that it is my responsibility or I care) and those people ruin their own lives and others around them, yet drinking is legal.

This whole weed thing being illegal is dumb when compared to other addictions that are permitted and even glorified here in the U.S.

4. michaellouderman

michaellouderman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "War on drugs"is a major phony front for a government who are the biggest drug dealers in the world.Previously stated,they don t want the average "Joe"dealing and not paying taxes on his profits.All drugs would be legal if they could find a way to TAX! IMHO.

5. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HaHaHahahaha!!!!!

6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "Continued usage" could be thrown around with what we eat, drink, and do every day.

People continue to drink pop that is high in sugar, people continue to eat fast food, etc. Under that assumption, do people who do those addicted?

7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I have no problem adjusting laws and allowing people to have more access to drugs and other things. However, I do not want to pay for any drug treatment programs or increased medical bills. If any of the users of the hard drugs get whacked out and threaten me or my family, the law should allow me a lot more flexibility in my ability to defend myself and others. If we want a more libertarian society (I do), then we should allow the good folks, the ones who are able to control ourselves, to live free of increased taxes for drugheads and dirtbags who want to claim medical marijuana, yet have no ailments.

8. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heres my opinion on the matter. I myself have not smoked any weed in years. Since highschool. But, I do not look down on anyone who chooses to partake SAFELY and in a controlled environment (their own home). Just like alcohol, I love my ocasional glass of scotch and a few beers now and then. I choose to do so safely, never putting my family at risk or anyone by driving or going overboard. Why should mj be any different? Studies have proven that it is way less harmful than alcohol.

If you hold a job, support your family, pay your taxes then by all means light your joint up on a friday night and kick back and relax. You earned it