Aussie Elk Adventure?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by critterdownunder, Jun 14, 2014.

1. critterdownunder

critterdownunder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Everyone, As you may of realised I am a mad keen Bow hunter/wildlife :wave:videographer from Australia. I have already been lucky enough to visit your awesome big game rich country a few years ago for a holiday, but wasn't able to get a hunt in on that trip. I am planning on returning for a DIY Archery Elk hunt next year and would really appreciate any help any other members could please give me. I have plans to Do a non resident OTC hunt in units 25,26 Colorado flat tops where I spent some time at an outfitters school. Just letting you know I am not a full 'freshman' and I do have a fare amount of basic knowledge in regards to hunting Elk. Though I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has hunted these units, and how busy they were as far as hunters went as well as game numbers etc.
    I have access to some very special country here in Australia with very good numbers of trophy class Fallow, Sambar and red deer. So if anyone is interested in helping me out, I will kindly do the same, be looking after them on a trip over here to Aus in return for some 'oil' on where I might be able to deck a DIY bull. I appreciate your time reading my post and thank you in advance for any help anyone gives me. Cheers Clayton

2. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would strongly consider taking up Will (IMyourHuckleberry) and joining the BH.com OTC hunting camp in the end of Sept. Area 45 is some pretty cool country.

3. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All I would add is to get all your paperwork in order reg wise and jump into the conversation with the guys here going that direction. If you are going solo be sure to have a good gps and onXmaps is a great place to start. Good luck to you.

4. critterdownunder

critterdownunder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for your input guys! I won't be hunting solo, prob have my Girl with me or a close
    Mate. If anyone has an Interest in What is available to the keen Bowhunter over here in Australia. please feel free to message me. Cheers

5. dorobuta

dorobuta Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those are the units I will be hunting this September! I can let you know....
    Australia is on my bucket list of places to visit. A hunt would be fantastic!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014