Edward Snowden ?????????????

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by John Galt, May 28, 2014.

1. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is this guy a patriot or a traitor?

This is getting interesting, he seems to have John (why the long face) Kerry all pizzed off!
    I'm still on the wall, but I have more no trust in the present White house squatters, and a little less in the news media.

This could get good!

2. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been following him real close, so I may be wrong with details. From what I gathered, I don't see him as a traitor, but not a patriot either. We all already know that the government "watches" everything and everyone. There is no real privacy out there. Does anyone know is motive for releasing his information? I do find it interesting that Russia granted him a "temporary asylum", a "renewable" one. If someone knows a lot about this situation, please speak up, as I am not up to date with this.

3. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    In its infant wisdom our state department pulled is passport while he was in Russia, preventing him from going any where else.

4. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is infinite

5. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking more child like.....

You know, like take your ball and go home.

6. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    This government has given us little to no reason to trust it, fast & furious, "you can keep your doctor", or the endless list of fables that come from the press corps.

Yet Snowden too has some credibility issues coming out. Is there any trust in the field of espionage?

7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Neither in my opinion...a patriot for truth but not the Nation he worked for.

8. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed at that. At first I thought you had made a mistake, but I realized that it was a pretty decent play on words. :D

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If he was in fact working undercover for the government, he knew full well that he would get "forgotten" if things ever went bad. That's just the way that has to work. It's the price you pay for living the life of a spy. He seems intelligent enough to have been working as a spy, but who knows for sure. None of us will likely ever know the truth behind most of this. I think he falls short of being a patriot, but is likely not a traitor either. He is likely a man without a country forever though.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So long as nothing jeopardizes the safety of Americans or our military I think it's a good thing to expose our government for the lying spying rats that they are. Will we ever know the full truth of either side? Likely not. Will we know for sure if anything he leaked actually helped another country or enemy do harm? Who knows.

11. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone. Notice the fortitude and confidance with which Snowden speaks?

Unlike our elected one whom boarders on illiteracy with out the aid of a teleprompter.
    Of course Snowden at one time actually held a job, some thing else our leadership is lacking.

Typing on an old phone has me logged in as Bawanajim AKA , John Galt, just for Dans bennifit!:

12. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    Is there any thing that make you so sure he is not a double agent feeding the Russians a bunch of bullchitt?
    He could quite possibly be saving hundreds of lives in the likes of Syria.

13. Michigan Man

Michigan Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think the only reason Russia gave him esylum was so to the fact that it pissed off the US government. Thats Russias favorite thing to do piss off America

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

14. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking Putin got a look at Snowden's girl friend. And decided holding on to him minght not be a bad idea.

15. Michigan Man

Michigan Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Possibly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

16. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He put a lot of American lives in jeopardy by doing what he did. How would he feel right now if the names and addresses of all his family members were disclosed to the American public putting them at danger of vengeful people? He did what he did with no consideration for the lives he put in jeopardy.

17. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    I would think if anything, he put his own life in as much peril as anyone's. He left every part of his life, and for what?

18. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So how did he put American lives at danger?

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First the NSA is Data Mining our calls, emails and electronic communication. Which means that have a program looking for certain key words to pull out and then read the text, email etc. The NSA is not reading our emails, we're all not that important, deal with it.

Second we give more of our information away in "reward" type cards than the NSA will ever get. Think about all the purchases we have made with a rewards card and yes companies track and use that data, it's what I do at work.

Snow is not an American hero, he's a putz. Anyone who read the Patriot act knew what the Government was doing, it was not a secret.

The question is what do we do? If NSA, CIA or FBI do not stop a terror attack we blame them, when they use tactics we do not agree with to find the information we condemn them . This goes from snooping on us and using interrogation tactics some don't agree with.

The world is a very complex messed up place these days, if Snow thinks I care the NSA might have seen a text where I asked my wife, whats for dinner, well he's wrong in my case.

IMO Snow is just a putz

20. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    So just who is it that decides what parts of the constitution we choose to follow and what parts don't pertain to the government and its in vision into our lives.
    The Russians gave us the names of the Boston bombers and the feds did little with that info,so what go is reading our stuff going to do them.