Stolen Valor. Make this go viral

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Slugger, May 26, 2014.

1. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was taking it there lol. Currently working with a very large army unit 68X. Everyday is an army vs marine thing.

2. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you. I don't take it as bashing. I just wanted you to know that I get upset when we fail to live up to our oath and lose the public's trust.

In the case where Slugger is explaining his particular burr, I wanted people to understand why it seems so personal, because to most of us, it is.

BREAK-BREAK

GO AIR FORCE! :beer:

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly right. Its just that much worse when it is a Marine you know personally and how many people put in so much work to encourage his many bad habits. 5 years of training and a year or so later he does this. It's like being kicked while your down. He deserves the flak coming and I can tell you this because the corps put so much effort and training into our 5 year contract marines as well.

BREAK
    And on the Air Force my brother and sister are with them so we bash each other all the time too.

4. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We just won't see eye to eye on mr. Moore's situation. I can respect you however for your continued service and helping out the vets, 68x has got to rough at times. I'll end my arguing...go Army!

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All the different braches are a love hate relationship. We all think we are better but you know what when SHTF we are all there backing each other up like family.

6. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll just stop posting and say this:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  8. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    you're good brother. no worries. hehe

9. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea gotta keep the posts going to get that 1 mil post in July!

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We all thank the support we get!

11. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since this seems to be winding down I will leave my final thoughts so to speak.

Does this kinda of thing happen in all aspects of life? Yes. Does it effect me more being a Vet? Yes. Are there obvious more serious issues in the military? Yes. Do I feel bad or that this person shouldn't get called out? Absolutly not.

Dbags like this only do this for the "fame" or recognition they get from the awards they choose to claim or deeds they claim they've done. They do not pick "meanigless" medals to say they've earned. Most higher ranked medals and ribbons are only given for certain circumstances, some that have made the ultimate sacrifice, and they are indeed earned not given away. So if its the recognition they want I have no problem giving them what they actual deserve. I don't care if it ruins their or their families lives. Be a man and don't make yourself look better off of other sacrifices. Yes this as probably been goin on as long as the military as been around, but its still the biggest POS thing anyone can do. Especially if they actually did serve. This guy may not of got any benifits other then maybe a few free beers or a handshake but there's other out there that pull the same **** that actually do recieve a lot of undeserved attention.

I could seriously go on forever but it will do no good.

12. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very true. Semper Fi!

13. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    unclejon. Try joining the military nowadays. This is a huge topic right now and you have absolutely no clue. Don't think that this spousal abuse or rape is taken lightly by any means. The military justice system will put you behind bars far faster with far less evidence and with far harsher punishments than the civilian side. Far harsher than any kind of stolen valor.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  14. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Mnhunter I don't believe in blind obedience or simply thanking the military blindly. If you don't like the military (I'm not saying you dont) then you have every right not to. Anyways I personally was not offended By your comments. But it was pretty obvious that what you and others were stating about other problems in the military especially having to do with offenses against females being taken lightly is absolutely wrong. They are crushing people right now for the slightest offense that has to do anything with sexual offenses.

15. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is very true. It simply takes an officer to sign a confinement order and that's it to go to the brig. The magistrate will figure out if confinement is necessary within 72hrs of confinement. Lets just say many stay behind bars.

16. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As I stated... I used it as an example and included everyone, not just women.

My whole point was that I never see public humiliation like what was posted for other crimes. I would never bash on the services of our military or generalize all service members as abusive, etc, etc.

I truly do appreciate all service members as I have numerous best friends who have had 2 tours in Afghanistan and also had my father serve. Once again, thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm mnhunterr. Could be that those guys are getting punished for the other crimes but these guys who do stolen valor are not. Therefore public humiliation is one way of getting justice served.