Do you like living in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by cmonsta, May 18, 2014.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome to hear as well. I would like more of the southern type of people in my life. Not that I dont love the people here, I do. But I also love the lifestyle and personality that come with southern living. Wasnt sure if Tenn fell into that group or not. Hope the cooking is similar to the south as well!!!

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet Tea, Gravy & Biscuit everyday...lol.

3. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. Night Hawk

Night Hawk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tennessee is a great place to be an outdoorsman. Good hunting and fishing. There is a decent amount of public land, if not there seems to be quite a bit of land that people are willing to lease. Theres bears and hogs in east TN, they are also working on getting elk back into the state.

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you for the review. And I didnt know you had bear down there! Thats awesome to know!! East is where Im looking, east of Knoxville around all the big lakes.

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what Im talkin about!!!

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a pic of Black bear at my house on the trail cam last fall.

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Love seeing them! Havent really spent any time hunting them yet but one of these years I really want to! Trying to set up a hunt in Maine, hope it happens this year. Good to know Ill still be around em!

9. Rightwing

Rightwing Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good Turkey hunting, great bowfishing, tolerable deer hunting and decent rod & Fishing.

10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a step up from PA for sure!!

11. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love it done here. I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, Ky from 2001-2008 and never left. I came here from Connecticut and have never looked back. The only thing I really miss is the food. It's hard to find the food I was used to eating when I was growing up.
    Other than that, its a pretty good state. There is no state income tax, you pay 9% on stuff you buy.

12. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tennessee is a great place for any hunter or fisherman. I live in Jonesborough which is east of Knoxville. I spend a lot of time in the summers on Boone Lake and Wataga Lake. I hunt around Wataga Lake on some private land but their are some really good spots on public land if you are willing to put the time in to find them. Bear hunting is pretty big around Wataga Lake. A few years ago the group me and my family hunts with some killed the most bear we have ever taken, almost everyone of us filled a tag. As far as hogs go, we dont have them around here... yet. They are more toward Knoxville and in the southern parts of the state. I wouldn't plan on hunting them though. The TWRA made it illigeal to hunt hugs last year I believe it was. Only landowners are allowed to take them with permission from the TWRA from the way I understand it. All in all Tennessee is a great place to live. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

13. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome love what Im reading here!! Thanks for the input guys!!

14. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine had his bachelor party out on lake Wataga. It really was only a few of use camping and fishing on some little island out there. That place is beautiful. I got out there a night early and camped down by the big bridge. No cell service so I couldn't get a hold of him. I drove down to the lake on the little drive before the bridge and set my tent up. I woke up to what I would describe as the perfect scenery. The lake had that early morning haze, the nice blue water, and some ducks just swimming around. I even took a nice early morning swim/bath.
    He was living in Boone. I love it out that way. If I could get my ol lady to give up her dance team I would pack up and move there.

15. comescrashing

comescrashing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw this so sorry for not responding earlier. I love living in middle TN. I'm from fl and am never moving back there again. I live in Smyrna and we are in the L units. Tons of public land around here to hunt. Lots of turkey and deer. Also the fishing is phenomenal! You can catch trophy size smallmouth, striper, musky and trout all within an hour or so of Nashville. Really underrated place to live that has a ton to offer

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

16. Smokeymtnbow

Smokeymtnbow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lived all over and keep coming back to TN. No state income tax, low cost of living, awesome lakes all over, and lots of deer. Not the size in Ohio, but good quantity. And Ohio is only 5 hours away for hunting.

17. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone from the Anderson, Knox county area? Looking to go to that area is there any clubs or good size public lands?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

18. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love Tennessee, I fell in love with it when I was stationed at Fort Campbell from 200-2004. Honestly if it were only up to me and I didn't have a wife to consider I would've moved to Tennessee when I got out of the Army.

19. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bit late chiming in but i like a few others just ended up staying here after getting out of the Army, got here in 2000 and never left. Being from Missouri it is still close to get up there and hunt along with around here. The WMA's are not bad to hunt, though it is best to have some private land or know someone that does, not many leases around here though so if you want private land it is all in who you know or related to.