Best ground blinds

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JakeD, Apr 19, 2014.

1. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What are some of the ground blinds that you guys really like? I've never used them much, but want to get one so that I don't have to borrow one while using the bow on turkeys.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just purchased the Ameristep Brickhouse blind. For the price I like it but the material isn't that great and I don't have much faith that it will hold up for that long. I have been looking at other blinds lately and I think that next season I am going to make the investment and finally get a Double Bull.

3. Loggyjens74

Loggyjens74 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple double bulls. Great function and easy to set up. Can't really ask for much more.

I would definitely recommend Double Bull. On the other hand I don't have a whole lot of experience with them and I have only used a few brands. I'm sure others work well. I would just head to cabelas and check out ones on display.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had an Ameristep for 3 years. Held up really well, and it has been heavily used. I just bought a brand new Ameristep Bone Collector blind, cause my old one is too small to shoot my new bow out of. My top cam hits the ceiling. I think I am going to like it, let you know after turkey hunting next week.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

5. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up a Barronett Big Mike. Can't wait to test it out on a few turkey hunts this spring.

6. TarheelTurk

TarheelTurk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up a Barronett hubcat 250 ( think it's a grounder 250/350 now) last year love using it and it seems to be well built.... My only suggestion would be look a at few different company's to see which one fits you ,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the rhino blind

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Barronett makes great blinds for a very resonable price. Double Bull will get you top of the line but you will pay 3x the amount.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    We hunted out of Rhino Blinds in Wyoming on our antelope hunt and they seemed to work well.

I personally have a Primos Vision blind and have had good luck with it. I've only used it a handful of times over the past couple years so I can speak to the durabilty but as far as being roomy, having plenty of windows to shoot from and being easy to setup it's worked out great.

10. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been leaning towards a Rhino blind, but the Primos and Double Bull look to be top of the line. Choices, choices.

11. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    By a Rhino, you won't regret it. There is a coupon code in the manufacturers forum to save you some cash.

12. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The double bull is a little pricy but worth it, and with a lifetime warranty you cant go wrong with that. Pretty much any blind on the market now will get the job done. They main thing I like about double bull is room and the window set up. I know there are a couple other blinds out there now with the same window set up and I would look at something like that. Its nice to not have to worry about waiting for the animal to clear in to one of the windows.

13. returnofsid

returnofsid Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased my first blind, a Primos The Club XXL. I don't have any experience with blinds so nothing to compare it to. I chose this one for two reasons;

1. It's large enough for two bow hunters.
    2. Compared to others that were large enough for two bow hunters, at the same store, this one was priced the best.

It's a bit heavy if you're packing it very far. The handle straps can be used as 'backpack straps.' It's very quick and easy to set up. While in it, I can see pinholes of light, where the fabric connects to the frame.

I've turkey hunted out of it twice, so far, and that's the extent of it's use. I did harvest a tom at 28 yards though! The "shoot through" screen didn't seem to have any effect at all on my arrow's flight. The screen also had minimal tearing, where the muzzy went through it. In other words, the arrow cut through but the screen didn't rip any more than the arrow cut.

14. marine0231

marine0231 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How did you like the Ameristep Bone Collector? I have been looking at the Ameristep Blinds and like how fast I can get one Setup and Taken Down.

15. michaellouderman

michaellouderman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning all.How long do YOU leave a portable ground blind up before hunting from it?

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At least a week, two preferably. I have set them up, brushed them in and killed them that night. I think the key if you can't setup well in advance is catch them by surprise and make it happen the first sit.

17. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got two turkeys this spring, setting up the blind before daylight and hunting that day. haven't tried the blind on deer yet. My blind is a Ground Max I bought at BASSPRO 4 or 5 years ago while on sale. works great.

18. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a double bull, and I will say that customer service is top notch! I would say that you can't leave it out for more than the season you hunt. The material will fade due to UV rays from the sun, I promise. I set mine out for turkey for an entire season and when I put it back in the barn the top was totally faded from the sun. Other than that the double bull is top notch.

19. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll put in another vote for Barronnett blinds. The door is easy to get into (some other brands/ models are hard to get into), the hub style is plenty roomy, easy to set up and pack up. I have the bell bottom blind, which is basically larger at the base than at the top so that you have more room for seats/ equipment etc. Excellent blind and about half the price of a Double Bull.