How many 150's have you had within 20 yards of your bow stand?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye, May 12, 2014.

1. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1-150 Class within 10 yards while still hunting, So close I didn't know how to shoot or even when to draw back

2. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    150+ I have not a clue on a total number of the deer that walked within range that I didn't get a shot at or passed up. But I can remember the ones that I missed and or made bad shots on. Two consecutive years I missed 160 in plus deer out of the same tree on the first Friday of bow season. First time I shot over ones back and the next year one snuck in on me and I tried to shoot setting down and bounced my limb off my leg. I have lots of other storied that Im not going to get into as there is not enough time in the day to list my mistakes.

Id say on 150 + deer im 4 for 10.

130 in deer Id say some where between 50 and 100. I killed 8 over 130 before I had my first miss or wound of my life. Then I quit shooting them unless they were mature 4 year olds. I killed two in the one 140s in the last three years.

Im 9 for 10 on kills of 130 to 150

I could right a book on the reasons that I missed or screwed up. But the bottom line was lack of preparation.

3. longbowmanjimmy

longbowmanjimmy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    130= 1, shot him my senior year high school 139".
    150= 1, Frankenstein. I thought it was a cow until i saw the antlers, pretty tall but super wide. boss shot him this season late october and arrow hit shoulder, barely any penetration. We looked next day, it was rainy. We were tracking when we found him bedded, he jumped us and ran. No blood in his bed, either he's still alive or we'll find em, hopefully we get him on cameras. Thus, frankenstein

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2, and neither are on a wall

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Coming up with goose eggs for both during bow season. Gun season is different though.

6. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    150+ 1, and he caught my wind and ran out to 45 yards where I proceeded to shoot right under him...that shot still haunts me to this day!

130+ 1 other one, came in right before dark and I was never able to get a shot at him.

I'm hoping for more chances this year!

7. longbowmanjimmy

longbowmanjimmy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing happened this year to my boss this year man. Bizarre to think that arrow can't go through a shoulder but now I am definetly a believer! We saw him the next day when we were tracking, little mark on him but no blood or anything.