Bowtech or Mathews

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by maloneyc01, Apr 23, 2014.

1. maloneyc01

maloneyc01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the post. Hope to get one soon I'll let y'all know when I do thanks again

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot more than just those two. You may be really surprised by some other manufacturers. With that said, either one of the two you mention will kill a deer just as dead.

Here is my question to you. What is most or more important to you?

If you want smooth, quiet and just overall nice shooting, the Matthews bows are very good in those respects.

If you're looking for more performance, speed, quietness and shock free, and don't mind giving up a little on the smoothness of the draw, Bowtech is hard to beat.

I have shot Bowtech for a good number of years with zero issues from a reliability standpoint. My current bow is frightening quiet and vibe free for the speed it puts out. Do not believe all the crap you read on that "other" site. Todays bows are pushing the edge of what the materials will allow. All companies are trying to get the most performance. If you abuse these things and neglect proper maintenance, you're just asking for trouble, regardless of the name on the limb.

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The post above is spot on IMO, I have a Bowtech Destroyer 350. VERY fast, hard hitting bow. Not the smoothest draw cycle, but not too bad either. Great shooting bow. Easy to tune with the OD Binary cams.

4. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    FOR ME it would never be a Bowtech. To many issues with failures. Do a search. Also try to get parts for discontinued models. Bowtech has 5 year old models that are now obsolete due to no replacement parts available even UNDER WARRANTY. Sure they may give you discount on a new bow but what if I don't want or can't afford a one.

Bowtech isn't the only company that way. Many Hoyt, PSE & Bear bow parts or no longer made for "newer bows".

You can get every part for every bow Mathews ever made in 20+ years.

If Bowtech and Mathews were my only 2 choices it would be Mathews. But there are many more than 2 to choose from. I would shoot every bow you can find within 60 miles of you and let the bow pick you. Then I would look at the company itself to see if they WILL or CAN back their product. If you plan on buying a new bow every year than the company's CS is not as important. But if you need a limb for your 2014 bow a few years from now, it won't be available from many companies.

5. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, Bowtech's Warranty and their parts are exactly great! If I was to break a limb on my D350 you can forget it, it's only 3 years old...:p

To the OP, if your planning on keeping your bow for a long time. Mathews for sure. If your just gonna keep it a few years and want some speed, power, and like a Dual Cam bow. Then Bowtech's are nice.

6. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not true. I just ordered limbs for a bow from Bowtech that was discontinued 5 years ago. Their cheapest package bow at that.

7. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am only here to read the comments and it's hillarious!!!

If I ever had to offer any advice, go to a reputable and great bow shop. SHOOT ALL THE BOWS and you will decide which one you love. Everyone on this forum loves their bows because they took the time to try them out. Make the dudes work for their money especially when you are going to be spending a lot of money!

8. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    You cannot get limbs for the Destroyer is what I said...They don't make them anymore. They will try to offer you some for the Carbon Knight to replace them cause they are suppose to fit. Don't know what kinda you have, all I was stating was the Destroyer.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  9. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews make great bows, Bowtech makes great bows. Just try out several different models and buy the one you like.

10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I call BS here. I was actually kicking the idea around of putting 60lb limbs on my D340 this past winter. The shop I go to called them and they could get them in about a week. Maybe your shop just doesn't want to deal with it?

11. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put new limbs on a D340 last week.

12. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    All I know is what they told me. I was kinda worried since I've never owned a Bowtech before, so I did some research and heard and read nightmares with people have warranty issues with them and about parts not being available. I just picked it up new left over D350 about a month ago and really like the bow. I know they have a lot of issues with the limb flaking on them from what I have seen and read. I emailed and ask them if I could still get replacement limbs for the 2011 D350 and they told me they did not offer them anymore for my bow. The guy I talked with said he could offer me some other kind of a different model. Who knows if he know what he was talking about too...lol. I'm just going by what they told me. So call it BS all you want, I could careless myself. Just didn't wanna get a new second bow and never be able to get parts for it. I also called the closet Bowtech dealer to me in Tullahoma,TN. and they said they would checked into it. That they thought they could not get the limbs I needed unless Bowtech had some still in stock they were not making them anymore. "Going by what they told me when they called back" They could not get limbs for me either. Maybe it's because mine are 65lb limbs, not sure. That's all I know....lol. I like Bowtech, I own one. Just have read on a lot of forums and sites that parts can be hard to get sometimes if at all from them.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  13. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a chillR next week, compared against my carbon spyder turbo and if I had to pick one it would be the chillR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. KodiakIslandArchery

KodiakIslandArchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep...I have pretty much stayed with Bowtech and never regretted it

15. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't shoot a mathews you're an amatuer and should start your own amatuer site.

16. richard932

richard932 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday was the first time I ever shot a Bow tech wow. Shot the 360 and the insanity both 60 pounds and 30 inch draw super quick booth dead in hand. I have a creed Booth Bow tech shot better IMO only thing I didn't care for was the grip on the 360.

17. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you have to ask...:)