Nearly 500%...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by tynimiller, Apr 30, 2014.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well escaped Obamacare in 2014 but just got my glimpse of what a comparable plan to what I have now will be in 2015.....it nearly goes up 500% for the year just to have similar (slightly worse even) insurance. Middle class is slowly being destroyed....so pissed I can't do anything tonight...

....only upside is I already applied and spent the money for a Kansas tag this year (wouldn't have done so with this doom knowledge before hand).

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm worried too because MN is liberal... Good thing I don't pay for health care until I'm 26, but I'll probably start as soon as I graduate so my parents don't have to pay as much if that would hrlp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It already hit me this year so I feel your pain "F"ing Obama

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    His plan is clearly in place and clearly working. America is too stupid to realize it!!!!

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also escaped Obama care until 2015. I have one fulltime employee that works for me. I pay all of his health insurance now but come next year he's picking up the tab. Sucks for everyone.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got told when doin taxes if don't have health insurance before next years taxes I'll haveta pay a penalty. Said it was gonna be 1200, so I'll be doing that. My old job paid everything for ya but now since its just me working for my buddy I haven't had any. He has to pay out the butt for it but he has a wife and couple small kids, with it being just me I'm holding out since dont need health insurance.

But hey guys its affortable remember.

7. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys must be mistaken. The President promised a $2500.00 decrease in premiums for the average family.

;)

8. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the land of the free!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Makes a guy want to just disappear into the wilderness... :tu:

10. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being a black man myself I didn't know what to expect from him. He was the first president I ever voted for being 35 years at the time. I even shed a quick tear when he won thinking what a historical moment and I took part.........I fell for the political game too. I didn't know enough at the time about how it really works. I believe whoever would be in office at this moment repub or dem man or woman the same agenda would be getting pushed through since it's really big money, business and corporations who make things happen. America is a business, a corporation, when haven't been the land of the free ever. The election game is only set up for the common folks to feel like they have a say so in things, we don't.

11. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, he now says he meant it would be a $2500 decrease in benefits not premiums. Claims it is a common mistake.

12. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this bs ain't gonna fly around here. don't tread on me

13. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    already figured that out we have no say at all. just the illusion of control

14. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The good news is I just saved 25 percent on my car insurance. On a lighter note No one ever admits to voting for the man.... twice:D

15. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My old plan got destroyed under Obama care. Our plan went from $200 to almost $600. Poor folk like me can't afford that!!

16. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One thing I see or don't see in all this mess is not even one insurance Co. With ads on the tv complaining about Obama care? Also when or if the Republican Party gains control do you really think they will reverse this system of healthcare or is it just a talking point.

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Talking to my insurance agent (whom swears....like the colorful word kind.....up and down about Obamacare) and he said EVEN if it gets reversed/repealed/de-funded you are talking a long process probably over 2-4 years.....the question now is do my wife and I attempt to dodge a bullet over the next few years, save money aside for emergency health stuff and childbirth...the childbirth thing is the only thing making me not want to take the penalty and go un-insured but who knows.

If I do that I will be joining the Christian Healthcare Ministries....requested info after a ton of friends recommended it to me.

***Really I have 4 options and all suck....which is what Obama knew he was doing to the middle class:

#1 stay in the private sector and pay for it, dropping my net income over 15%.
    #2 stay in the private sector and go uninsured hoping to dodge the health bullet....file bankruptcy if we don't successfully dodge.
    #3 go back to working for the government for less money but better benefits hands down.
    #4 set here with bourbon and cry....

Right now I'm doing the first part of option 4....trying to decide between the top 3 could make me do the second half of number 4.

18. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be blind people, it was planned to fail from the beginning. Just a step towards a single payer system. They want premiums to go up so everyone screams that they can't afford it. Then, they sell the feeble minded on "free healthcare" for all. Within the next 10 years, our healthcare system will be no different than Canada's. Besides taxes skyrocketing to pay for it, it'll be great.....as long as you don't get sick.

19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Perhaps this decrease comes from all those whose plans were dropped as non compliant.

20. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have not been affected yet. Which is part of the plan. In 2018 I will be accessed a nice tax on my " Cadillac plan". They space out the pain so not everyone gets pissed all at once.