Team 1

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by coheley665, Mar 3, 2014.

1. badgerboi21

badgerboi21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only a few more hours of work left for me today and I will be heading down to turkey camp. The rest of my group are already headed down to get a jump on some scouting. With any luck I will have some birds talking in the morning. With this recent weather I'm not as excited about the trip as I was, but with only being able to hunt tomorrow and Thursday I will make the most of it. Good luck to everyone out there!

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awsome good luck, keep us updated

3. badgerboi21

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot to mention too that I got a new bow about a week ago and I'm just a little anxious to put down a bird with it. Then at that point I figure I can update my signature and show pics of my new bow!

4. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the same boat, got the new bow over this winter now I want to put it to work. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to break her in.

5. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys! I will be out thursday and friday. Then it becomes food plot time. Have a lot to get done to prep for planting.

6. badgerboi21

Dislikes Received:
    Slow this morning so far. And stupid cold. Heard a couple gobbles behind me this morning but the weren't too interested. Did I mention this weather is less than ideal?

7. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Hang tight and keep us posted

8. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Well I know two of you are out today so hopefully we get some good updates today. Finishing up today at work then heading to the airport tonight. Wont get to Texas until late tonight so just going to get some rest, pick up my licenses, and do a little scouting on moms property tomorrow.

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Have a great trip coheley! Good luck!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

10. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I will try to keep you guys posted on how everything is going and maybe I'll have a little luck

11. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! Monday our season starts. I'm hoping to fill the first tag Monday or Tuesday morning. The weather looks decent for both days.

12. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'll be in the blind at 5:45 tomorrow morning. I have 5-6 good birds coming in on cam. Two white wing birds that I plan on taking to the taxi if one of them come in. I'll keep you guys posted. Hopefully with a bird down by 7:00 :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I would like nothing more then to wake up tomorrow morning to a post about an Ohio bird down! Good luck!

14. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck in the morning guys. Those white wing birds are sweet.
    Alright heres how things went this weekend. Yesterday got there at 10 was all set up by 12 at about 12:45 I had a bird gobbled a couple times then showed up at about 60 yards away. Got to watch him strut for a min then I heard a couple clucks and she dragged him away. Rest of the afternoon was real slow only saw cows, deer and no gobbles. Climbed out of the blind right at dark and ran around like a mad man trying to find a bird on the roost. I was able to locate two of them for this morning.
    Got in bright and early set up on a road by where I roosted a bird the night before. Was hammering away, flew down from the roost and went around behind me at about 60 yards again. Sat there and listen to him gobble as he got farther and farther away. After sitting there for a min I decided I would start walking the road to see if I could locate another bird. Eventually I walked up on a group of pigs and just couldnt get a clear shot on any as they worked off into the brush. So I kept walking down the road and eventually was able to get a bird to respond. Sat there and had two birds hammering away at a bottom of a hil in the brush about 70 yards away.As im sitting there waiting for the birds to close the distance I hear something behind me and turn around to see a group of about 10 hogs. Spun around and picked out the biggest one, first step she took she was already spraying blood. Mean while I still have the birds by me gobbling so I grabbed another arrow and went back to them. Eventually they worked into 20 yards and I was at full draw waiting for them to take a few more steps and before they cleared the brush completly they went down a little dip where all I could see was the tops of there heads. Figured they where going to come back up and offer a shot but they turned away and thats all she wrote. So all and all I cant complain at all, had a couple real close encounters and was able to get my first hog

15. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
  16. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will be sending a Long Beard a Rage Injection in the AM !!! Great job on the hog Nick !!!

17. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks good luck in the morning, keep us posted

18. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Great hog Nick! Congrats!

19. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Nick!

Well..... It was a swing and a miss this morning. Had 1 Tom and 10 hens roosted at 70 yds this morning. We could actually see them in the trees from the blind. After fly down the Tom stayed in full strut in the timber for about 40 mins. Once the first couple hens headed our way the rest followed. When the Tom came in to the decoys he was at 10 yds and I let the Bullhead fly. The hit was 2-3 inches low due to one of the blades hitting and cutting the blind window. Rookie mistake that I told myself before to make sure of BH clearance. After the shot the Tom bolted over the hill and after an hour search realized that he wasn't hurt too bad.

[​IMG]

[video=youtube_share;0dI5HzO0QhE]http://youtu.be/0dI5HzO0QhE[/video]

Weather man is calling for showers tomorrow morning ending in the afternoon. Wednesday morning I will be back out hopefully with a little more luck! ;)

20. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Dang that's a bummer, good footage though. Just put of curiosity how much different do those bull heads shoot and do u pretty much have to burn one away for practice? Thinking next year I wanna use them.