Does this scare the **** out of anybody else????

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rednas5, Apr 9, 2014.

1. rawk

rawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    he also sold a company to Al jazeera oil money for $200 million #fraud

!

2. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The problem with doing a study is that there is no way any study out there can conclusively prove either way what's causing climate change. Say for instance the theory of hotspots underground is causing the problem, even if we had the technology to find these hotspots, how would we then prove those are the problem?

As long as the so-called studies are open to interpretation, especially how politicized this issue is, there will never be consensus on what the true cause is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rawk

rawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah we know weather patterns 800,000 years ago based on computer models, believe what you want we can't get the weather correct for a week at a time but you want to believe computer generated models based on suspect science that supposedly tells us what the weather was like 100's of thousands years ago. what's scary is too many believing in junk science. Out

!

4. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You know what is also scary? Completely writing off any type of science just because it contradicts your already preconceived ideas on a subject.

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you for the most part but this study does nothing but blur fact from fiction and it's hard not to be close minded when you see a study like this. Al Gore made a name for himself manipulating the facts of global warming and it came back to bite him that was the start of my close mindedness on global warming issues.
    We haven't been on this planet long enough to truly understand if we are doing this to the planet or does the planet cycle through changes every 100,000 years.

6. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am confused... so called scientist can argue against the accuracy of written Biblical documents because 2000 years is too old to be trusted but it is fine to accept their "scientific" assumptions concerning what some gas reading was 800,000 years ago?

No one is dismissing science... just assumptive speculation that some people choose to call science even though it does not meet the criteria of being observable with every possible variable being considered.

The climate is a concern for me... and it does seem that it has changed in my lifetime. When I was a kid... we were bracing for an ice age. Who knows what it will be next but I am not going to lose my mind over every little doomsday scenario that comes along. I have bucks to kill, fish to catch, a family to raise and people with real problems to minister to.

7. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm confused as to why you are confused..? Data =/= written document

8. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    A far more researched written document than most people can even begin to imagine. If I may suggest a read "Evidence That Demands a Verdict." Josh McDowell. McDowell (and there is a long list) was an avowed (and very well educated) atheist who set out to disprove the claims of the Bible. His mind was changed so was his life and the lives of tens of thousands more.

Anyway not the main point... c'mon 800,000 is a lot of years with no verifiable data. I am quite sure co2 readings would have been very low... since there weren't any plants yet. That's just more proof for the young creation theory. LOL

9. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We can verify the data...

uh, what?

10. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah... okay.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Poof....mankind exists. Yeah right.

12. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Plants get rid of CO2....

13. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    lets see, plants+CO2=couch....NAW, plants+CO2=tv dinner....nope, plants+CO2=oxygen........DING DING DING!!! people worry too much.

14. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I was being sarcastic...Climate change is backed by almost every scientist in the world, but what do they know. The science behind global warming is not politicized. Scientists have historically always been terrible politicians. Its politicians who take bits and pieces of what they read and use it to further their agenda. This is done by both democrats and republicans. Republicans have benefited from the global warming debate just as much as anyone else.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  15. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im sorry if i offended you. I didnt even read all of these posts. just felt like sayin somethin. srry

16. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  17. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of course the climate is changing. It changes annually.. in smaller cycles.. and most claim in much bigger, longer cycles....

The HUGE leap of faith comes in when we start blaming humans for some new change that hasn't happened before. No where NEAR "almost every scientist in the world" would claim this.

18. nchunter

nchunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly here is what I think. As a former geologist take it for what it is worth. The timeline comparatively speaking is too short to push the panic button on us making the earth warmer. In geologic time, we are but a millisecond in the grand scheme of things. Now in our lifetime I do believe its warmer, however, there were also periods called the Little Ice Ages, during which Frankestein was written most recently, google it, its a cool story. However, I like the outdoors and clean air and water. I also like lower household expenditures on energy. So, therefore, I still would like my car to get better gas mileage, I would love a solar house if nothing but to stick it to Duke Energy and I used lots of insulation because I am cheap. I also know that if everyone switched to LED light bulbs tomorrow, the amount of CO2 reduction could be completely negated by the eruption of a single volcano erupting in the Pacific Northwest.
    So therefore, I am all for cheap electric bills, clean air and clean water. if the outcome is reduced CO2 emissions and its still getting warmer then whats the harm in having tried. At least I will hopefully not be spending a ton on electricity and fuel.

19. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

20. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing created yet... was the point... poorly made... no breathing, no photosynthesis... no nothing.

Boy I screwed that up... :sad: