Disappointed in 3Rivers True Flight feathers

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by VA Bowbender, Apr 3, 2014.

1. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For the past umpteen years I've always bought full length feathers. I was always able to get 2 cuts from 1 feather thus saving on buying die cut feathers. I just bought 2 dozen True Flight "full length" feathers from 3Rivers and was shocked when I opened the box to see how short they were. I called Kustom King to ask if their Bear Paw feathers were short also. The rep I spoke to told me that True Flight started shortening their feathers and raising the prices a few years back but the Bear Paw still come in the longer lengths.
    Kustom King will be getting my next order and that means I'll probably get other supplies while I'm on their website.
    Sorry 3Rivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. darrin

darrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just switched from plastic vanes to feathers about 2 weeks ago. I got the Parabolic feathers, not sure if they would be considered shorter by your standards, but they seem to be really good. I thought they were plastic at first, maybe the dye toughens them up a bit.

3. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to tell you this, but it is a simple fact of the market whether it be archery items or grocery store items, the prices go up and they down size them.

4. longbowmanjimmy

longbowmanjimmy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Damn sorry to hear it. Its pretty incredible how expensive fletchings are, makes me want to start hunting turkeys haha

5. JimPic

JimPic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to buy full-length but have been really disappointed with the quality the last few years. I've been buying pre-cut 4" shields lately off ebay...just might have to sell my burner

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. I don't shoot trad much these days with my bad back and right arm, but a few years ago I realized the quality of full length feathers was going down. I gave my choppers away and started buying cut feathers. Even when the feather was long enough for two cuts, one quill was always very thin or the feather was sparse at one end. It's just not worth hassle to me.

7. woodsman

woodsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I changed to 4 1/2 inch feather a while back to still get 2 burns from a full length feather.. Didn't see a big difference in broad head control or noise.