Gonna start bowhunting

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Strydez, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Strydez

Strydez Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im gonna start this year i need to know all the stuff i need to get (price included would be nice) so i know how much i need to start saving up! Im thinking about getting the mission craze. I need to know all the other things tho ;P please thanks (:

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The mission bow is a good place to start.
    Bowhunting is a lifestyle individualized by the archer.
    You need both time and money and the list of things to do or purchase for is lengthy.

Good Luck!

3. michaellouderman

michaellouderman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That my friend is a very broad subject(prices on equipment).There are many companies that have package setups for very reasonable prices.Fred Bear,Diamond,Parker,Mission,Mathews,Bowtech,Hoyt,Martin and a bunch of others.Fred Bear and Parker have some fairly cheap deals for a guy starting out and very killable bows.Price wise you re looking at anywhere from $350 to $500 depending on what you want and how much you have to spend.Hope this helps.

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Giving you a list of what you need for your bow is not hard. It all depends on how much you want to spend on each accessory. Many of us have between $1500 and $2000 in our bow setups because we like certain bows and accessories over others. Price is not an issue for some people and it is for others. You can find deals on accessories here on bowhunting.com as well as many other places.
    You will need the following:
    Arrows, Arrow Rest, Trigger or Release, Sight, Quiver, Peep Sight, Stabilizer, 3D target (Rhinehart 18:1 best for the money) and a case for your bow. This will get you started and on your way. Go to a Pro Shop and check out a lot of the items I listed. Then, ask guys there and on this forum what they like best if you are undecided on something. Ask what particular sight, rest, quiver they use and why. Then ask to see one on a bow there if they have it. Then you decide what items you want and/or can afford.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  5. dreambuck

dreambuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Get a mission riot. Longer axle to axle. Craze axle to axle is very small I tryed it out.

6. dreambuck

dreambuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Mission Riot

Get a mission riot. Longer axle to axle. Craze axle to axle is very small I tryed it out.

7. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would set yourself a budget and go from there. Like many guys said you can get a setup from $350-$2000. So start with a budget and then shop within that. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. TIGGLEBITTIES

TIGGLEBITTIES Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Don't go cheap on your bow. Best way I found with my setup is to get the best bare bow you can afford from a good pro shop that will tune it later, then buy the rest online. Planning ahead is gonna save you time cause you can wait for shipping with online stuff rather than getting caught up at the pro shop & spend way more. You'll save anywhere from 10-50 bucks per item online I've found.
    The stabilizers are pretty much universal, as are releases, quivers and sights.
    I love my 8pin spot hog sight.

9. hunter76

hunter76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    my recommendation would be pse brute x because of it's great aim quality. if you want good bow then you should spend some money on quality product like this.

IBO Speed: 320 FPS Brace Height:7.25 In.

Draw Length: 25-30 In. Let-off:75%

Draw Weight: 50,60,70# Bow Weight: 4.7#

you can see here for full info PSE Brute X Compound Bow Review & Specs | CompoundBowHQ

10. AnchorSight

AnchorSight Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Finding the bow that feels good in your hand when shooting is very important. Choose a bow that has a draw weight you are comfortable with and pay attention to how the front sight settles on target. The more natural the bow feels to you the better you will shoot.