Favorite/Best Turkey Pot Call

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by ARCHER_CHI_RHO, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What is your favorite turkey pot call? And/or What do you think is the best turkey pot call?

2. Relic

Relic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I like slate..none of the fancy slate over whatever..just plain ole slate. My favorite call is the old Quaker boy magic touch slate. I use different strikers to create different sounds/tones...so I carry 2 magic touch slates{one for back up} and 6 different strikers. I've got boxes and boxes of pot calls but prefer the quaker boy. Been using it for over 20 years. I also use a Lynch fool proof box call....I use the whole box call as a locator and just the paddle with an acrylic striker when I wanna use a high pitch raspy call on windy days that I can't duplicate the pitch or volume on any pot call.

3. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My favorite is a FearNot Game Calls sided call with glass over slate called the FearNot Flipper: FearNot     Flipper   Friction   Call

Awesome call that lets you change it up by simple turning call over and use the slate surface on the bottom.

4. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    thanks. i'll do some research on those suggestions.

5. scgobbler

scgobbler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That's a loaded question. If you want something quick, I like the primos crystal in the orange pot.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

6. scgobbler

scgobbler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer custom calls though. Check out Spring Allure Game Calls. He's a SC Lowcountry fella.

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

7. scoot12

scoot12 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My favorite surface is crystal but I have over 75 pot calls from custom callmakers and use different calls on about every hunt. SCgobbler you are right on Rickey Padgett from spring allure I have a ceramic and copper from him that are great. One of my favorites though is a call from Jimmy Schaffer called the mad hen and it is one smokin call. The surface is crystal. Another one of my favorite callmakers is Dave Tyree, he builds a dandy. Scoot