Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Why Not West Virginia

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Coyote Kid, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Coyote Kid

Coyote Kid Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like a good idea to have a crossbow season in WV, but for some reason we can't even have one in the woods for anything without a Y permit that would need to come with a doctors permit. I do believe that the WV Bowhunter have alot to do with it. We all are bowhunters reguardless which style. It would allow more people enjoy the hunting sport not to mention the revenue it would bring into the state. I don't understand as to why one group would want to deny another. Just wanted to say!!!!!!!!!

CK

2. grizzygoose

grizzygoose Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i completely agree with you coyote kid. They shouldn't take away the option like that so easily. What if you've been a compound user for years and want to use a crossbow to see how you like it? Idk. Maybe if you give it time things will change, especially because the rule of crossbows there in WV isn't universal. On the bright side I'm happy to hear that they're allowing the use of crossbows for people with a doctors note because that is the most common case i hear for older men/women who've had shoulder surgery, etc.

3. Redmag

Redmag Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I live in WV and hunt with a compound. I have read much that has been written by members of the WVBA and they are very anti crossbow except for the physically impaired. I also believe that the WVBA has more political clout than most will admit. I once was a member but became annoyed with "attitudes" on the site frequented by WVBA members. I felt that they were a true holier-than-thou group. That is just my observations and opinion.