Free sausage making supplies

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by FriscoSpices.com, Jan 24, 2014.

1. C Rogers

C Rogers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I received my package the other day. Thanks Mike! Cant wait till give it a try and I'll give you some feedback.

Thanks again!

2. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have plenty of sausage making meat left, and havent done a batch this year yet. About to! Would like to try something spicy!

3. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I sent you an email. Thank you for your gracious offer.

4. CILhunter

CILhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I received my spices, etc. the other day. Looks great. I will post back when the kids' activities allow me some free time to make some sausage.

5. Dwight Shrute

Dwight Shrute Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still looking for my delivery

6. FriscoSpices.com

FriscoSpices.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
  7. Dwight Shrute

Dislikes Received:
    I did. You even replied with a couple of follow up questions.

8. FriscoSpices.com

FriscoSpices.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I found it…Duh on me.

Ok I have about a total of 12 guys now on a couple different forums to do this sample.

Lets see how everyone likes it and if anyone has any questions please call me. 800 762 6689 ask for mike.

9. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey mike, I emailed you about this and was wondering if I had anything headed my way, If not its no big deal, just wondering if I need to keep an eye out for a delivery, been getting lots of rain and don't want the supplies getting wet. I emailed you and you returned asking me what I would like to try.

Thanks again
    Chris Gerstenecker

10. Dwight Shrute

Dislikes Received:
    Delivered today. I will share my experience ASAP. Thanks!!

11. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got the seasoning in today I will get some made up over the weekend and write something up for you

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

12. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to try making bear sausage if you are still looking for volunteers. Ive never made sausage before and have a bunch ground into burger already.

13. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I received the supplies the other day, as soon as it warms up I will make the sausage and do a write up review for you, this will be my first attempt at making any kind of sausage, I may document the process with pictures.

Thanks again Mike

14. C Rogers

C Rogers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First I would like to say thanks to Mike from Frisco spices for sending me some summer salami seasoning and high temp cheese to try. I finally got a chance to make about 25lbs of sausage last week with his companies seasoning. Wow is all I can say, this last batch I made has been the best batch so far I have made. That summer salami seasoning is my new favorite and will be getting some from you soon. I followed the instructions that was on the bag and it came out perfectly, I added some jalapenos to the meat when I added the cheese right before stuffing in the cases. It turned out perfectly. I have already devoured several 3 lb sticks of it already. Thanks again Mike from Frisco Spices and would recommend your product to anyone that wants to make some good deer sausage.

15. FriscoSpices.com

FriscoSpices.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it. We spent alot of time developing that recipe. Most people like the summer sausage and some like the salami. We took what we considered the best of both and blended them together with a little extra milk protien to keep the texture nice and firm.

Here is something you should try: Take one of your rolls out and wrap in news paper and put in the frig for a couple weeks. Then each week trying the sausage as its dryer and more flavorful. I usually like it best around the 5 to 6 week time frame. I had a piece get shoved in the back of the frig and i had forgotten about it, 14 weeks it was so hard you could barley slice it, but the flavor was off the charts, honestly a paper thin piece would have the flavor of a big chunk of fresher sausage. I never serve sausage to my friends unless it has at least 3 weeks in the frig. Just 1 wrap of news paper will keep it drying evenly.

16. C Rogers

C Rogers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I actually have only a couple rolls left..LOL and I am already doing that...the problem is between the kids and I , I don't know how much longer them rolls will be there..lol but your right I have done that before and it is better when it firms up.

Once again thanks! I need to kill a couple deer to replenish my freezer.

17. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took advantage of this very genous offer from Mike on another forum. Even posted a blog with pics and instructions. Everything he supplied was fantastic. Did any of the guys here actually blog or take pics of the process and outcome? Would love to see what you made and how you went about it. Post up.

18. Jimmie

Jimmie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I missed this...just started making snack sticks and summer sausage this year. Not sure I'll ever make much more jerky. Planning on Polish and Italian Sausages next year.