Ya Ever Glad Season Is Over..?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WesternMdHardwoods, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ban^^^^ LOL

I agree with some previous posters. I hunt 365 days a year. January - March coyotes. Spring turkey. Late summer - Black bear. Fall and early winter - Whitetail and moose and ducks. And all summer long I'm tilling fields for food plots, setting stands, cutting trails etc. Hunting never ends.

2. emgepi

emgepi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy the season being over for about a week and then I'm ready to get back out there. We were seeing so many deer at the end of this season once the snow fell and the temperatures got cold that it was an awesome sit almost every night. Mostly doe, but I like the idea of seeing 6-14 every night. There were bucks around according to the cameras, we just never saw many of them. Earlier in the season when we weren't seeing a single deer day after day, I was ready to hang it up then, but the thought of one stepping out and me not being there makes me keep going.

Now that it's over, I start looking forward to turkey season. I switch gears fast. As soon as deer ends, I've got turkey on my mind, and it works the other way around too. I look forward to some shed hunting once we get a decent melt of snow and patterning my turkey guns, shooting the bow just for fun, fishing etc. Spring is an awesome time to be outside.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My season was effectively over on November 13th. I wish I could have hunted hard all the way until January, but my family takes precedence over hunting. Next year it will be different and I will be able to hunt hard til the bitter end.

I was sad to see the season go this year. I felt extremely relaxed in the deer woods this season.

4. Treestandwolf

Treestandwolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what season your talking about.

I'm always planning, preparing , entering draws or something that keeps me going during the " little" time off.

It's all good!

5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking forward to the end of this offseason, ONLY so I could get started working on my property, ie: hinge cutting, land clearing.

6. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also am usually glad the season is over because I put alot of time in the stand and its nice to have a little break. but usually I am ready to start working with my property and taking the things I learned from this past season and apply them for next season. I am always ready to get out and scout move stands and start planning my next season.

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It never bothers me when the season ends. I want to to be able to do other things and prepare for next year. 3 1/2 months is good enough for me, especially when I can hunt turkeys, groundhogs, crows and coyotes during the "offseason".

8. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yeah I'm glad it's over. Haven't added up this season's hours but I put in 266 hours last season. This past season was just as many.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nope no burnt out here

10. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes and no. Im kind of glad the season is over because I have been stressing myself out like crazy. During january i hunt almost everyday. But also no because I realy wanted to shoot my hit list buck that I finally saw during the last week of season. Oh well. But im still looking forwards to coyote hunting and bass fishing.

11. PaBone

PaBone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt almost everyday from September thru February in two states with all day sits during the rut. I feel I always have to be in my tree no matter the weather. I look forward to the rest, shoot some indoors, and chase some longbeards with my bow in the spring. Preparing and hunting the whitetail rut is a marathon not a sprint and it takes me awhile to recover, but I can't wait to do it all over again next year.

12. ThePossumKing

ThePossumKing Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm usually relieved it's over for a couple of weeks and then I'm ready to hunt again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Usually at the end of the season i'm usually ready to sleep in on the weekends. I miss it but i'm ready for some time off and fishing come spring.

14. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you get burnt out you are hunting too much. I used to push myself to hunt several hundred hours a season and started
    hating it. Now I pick my spots weather wise, and hunt only when I want to, generally less than 100 hours on stand a season. If I don't shoot a deer because I don't hunt enough, then so be it. I don't care what it is, if you do something too much you're gonna get sick of it.

15. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dont go huntin enough to be burnt out so no, but i could imagin a hunter that spends a lot of time in the stand could get burnt out

16. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    I didn't get to deer hunt as much this fall due to a new job I started in June but I can honestly say that I'm more sad about duck season ending than deer season. 7 months of training my retriever made it all worth it when I got to see him bring back birds for me in his first season. I wish it wasn't over!