Easton recurve bow

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by ckrazy1, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ckrazy1

ckrazy1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking of getting my girlfriend a this bow mostly due to price. Anyone have experience with with or can recommend a better choice?

2. horus11b

horus11b Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a 30lb sage for 179.00. I think 3 rivers or lancaster has them pretty cheap as well.

3. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Samick Sage would be my first choice too.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

4. darrin

darrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you go to ebay you can get the samick sage for 160-$200 or so, but there are listings for the bow with a stringer, sight, case etc at that price. You pay for the bow and the accessories and have free shipping on most of them as i remember. I was tempted to get a sage from one of these sellers, but I also found most of the sellers didn't offer a return policy on their products, but do have the ebay buyer protection policy. I went to lancaster archery instead and bought the samick journey 139.98 or so for the string included and payed 9.95 shipping along with the additional price for some other accesories for the bow ie nocking pliers, arm guard etc). Lancaster does allow returns/exchanges and offers good customer service, but they don't check the bow before they ship it to you. which has personally affected me because the bow that came in my mail is defective on the lower limb. that's already in another post you can read it. Look up twigarchery.com I think they check their bows before shipping it to you though, but their price is $10 more than Lancaster, I don't know the shipping costs. Hope that helps and is not to much of a reiteration of what you may have already read elsewhere on this forum and elsewhere.

5. ckrazy1

ckrazy1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was planning on getting the bow from my local pro shop. I don't think they would sell me a defective bow.

6. darrin

darrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never bought one from a bow shop much less been to a real archery shop outside of sportmens wearhouse or cabelas, sports authority. I doubt any retail store you go to first hand would sell you a bad bow. What I wrote above was my personal experience and what I found to be the case for me. Good luck on the hunt for the right bow!

7. ckrazy1

ckrazy1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I only found my pro shop by spending a lot of time on the web. So glad I did they are a great help getting started. They since moved the shop closer to me. I suggest searing your area to see if you have close darrin. I understand you what you are saying. It's the whole reason I found my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk