Pro Staff

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lester, Jan 29, 2014.

1. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No I wouldn't be associated with a company that I didn't believe in their product. But I know a lot of people would for the free stuff and to be able to say they are on a pro staff. For some reason some people think that's a big deal.

I wonder if a could be a pro staffer for corn:lol:

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna have to have a talk with my local Co-op lol

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I probably drove at least 30,000 miles last year. I'd like to be a flying J pro-staffer. (or any other gasoline vendor, I'm easy like that)

4. Treestandwolf

Treestandwolf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like this answer. I'm on the other side here. I have to agree, you really have to believe in the product your " staffing " for and use them while you are a " staffer" .
    Of course, depending on the company, there may be discounts, or free merchandise but al least there is some compensation for promoting the product.

What is not mentioned is the relationship you develop with the company and the people they do business with. This is one way the
    " door opens" into the industry, it's the old story it's not what you know, but who you know, again, it's only fair to the company and really yourself being honest about your position.
    Lastly, the best companies select the staffers carefully because they need the exposure and support also.

I'm with Dirt Nap Gear, Black Eagle Arrows and Onestringer, all great hardworking people and companies right here in the USA.

5. Treestandwolf

Dislikes Received:
    While I'm at it, if you use arrow wraps and would like to design your own, to all my bowhunting.com brothers, log on to Onestringer, develop an account, and get 10% off your order by using code: RICHfriend at the checkout.

Mindy at Onestringer is top shelf. Have a great 2014!

6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a T-shirt that says 'Field Staff'... I'm good with that! :woot:

7. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly why I am no longer on a prostaff. I was turning into the people I dislike on TV.

8. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you or have you shot / shooting the DRT single bevels??

9. Treestandwolf

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tacklebox, I just received my order of double bevel, I have not shot or have experience with the single.

I'm looking forward to trying them after a few of my buddies shoot single bevel and love the results.

10. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion Pro Staffers are really just an extension of marketing. I think people should read what others have to say and decide on their own what they chose to believe. Pro Staffers are in most cases going to support the product line they represent. I would not necessarily say that I would not listen to them but I would not necessarily take it as gospel either. Lets face it today we have so many fan boys and girls promoting this product and bashing that one its hard to decide who is being honest. So we have to look at it, weigh the feedback, consider the source and then form our own opinion. And that is the great part about being in the US we have the right to our own opinion.

With all that said. I would not represent a product that I don't personally believe in. Now that has some caveats. For example budget comes to mind. If a product is reasonably priced and performs well then I would recommend it with those stipulations. But there might be a better product out that that is twice as expensive. Even though it might be better I cant afford it so its not considered. Just a thought.

11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's good to remember that the "Pro" stands for Promotion, not Professional. So many people forget that.

That's what you call a Kissaxx. :tu:

12. Treestandwolf

Dislikes Received:

Totally agree with you Fitz

13. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do not listen to recommendations from anyone pimping a product that they get for free or get paid to talk about. The real feedback comes from the people that spend there hard earned money on the products. They are the ones that will give you a real opinion. For example I have some friends that prostaff for a certain ammo company and they get free shotgun shells. They don't like them but they are free so they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

14. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You have to realize most of the time "pro staff" guys are not getting free stuff left and right. Heck sometimes they may not even get a discount and they do spend their hard earned cash on the products. You never really know who is getting what and what they paid for it. So you can take their opinion on that product with a grain of salt but i wouldn't cut their opinions off completely.

15. ARob

ARob Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, pro-staffers are part of the sales team. Put a smile on their face and say "I would have never killed this deer w/out my lone wolf stand, buck bomb, scent blockers, tinks, etc... "The ol' mathews, CX Reds, NAP kill zone combination did a number"

And to Oly44's point, most the prostaffers don't get free stuff, they get discounts and most of the guys I know spend a LOT of their own money b/c they need the products of the sponsors.

16. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha. I get free products from ONE of the companies I pro staff for. Your painting with a broad brush. Fwiw, I used 90% of the products before that I am representing now. The other 10%? New stuff that has hit the market.

17. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If a guy is a pro staffer... most likely it is for good reason and I am sure there are many that worked their way there, putting skin in the game.

18. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    I can understand this POV but it is limited. People are people with flaws and shortcomings but a sellout as well as a diehard are easy to spot.

19. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    I like this.
    Kind of like NASCAR in a way... "Yeah, I could not have done it without the Mt.Dew, Copenhagen, Badlands, Mathews, Slick Trick, Easton, Tru Fire, Vortex Gear" It was close but the Try Fire, Spot Hogg, Blazers, DDW, really came through in the end.....HaHaHahaha!

20. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think i have ever posted what pro staffs im on here. Not because i don't stand behind the product, simply because i don't feel its necessary here. My promoting is local.

And, i dont get anything for free. I get reduced prices from a few companies, and i don't use it all that often unless i need it.