Unplugging

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. chubber

chubber Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to fully unplug a couple years ago. I ditched cable, my cell phone and everything else. It didn't really work. I ended up just being a mooch. My friends and family would call other friends and family to find me then I'd just end up talking on someone else's phone. I'd go to a restaurant or somebody else's house to watch football and I was constantly having to use other peoples computers and stuff to check e-mail for work. I think to do it right you would have to go full on mountain man. I tried to just go back to having a land line but it just rang off the hook with telemarketers. Cable and phone costs are way too high though, I'm keeping my eye out for a solution.

2. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its a novel idea that most couldn't/wouldn't follow through with in the first place.

It's just about moderation. If you think you are watching too much TV, then turn it off. Browsing the web too frequently? Close the laptop. Go hit up the gym, local park, go for a hike, etc... I'm much too routine oriented to ever over indulge on one certain technology, but if it was one it would be my phone.... I have no qualms with it though and it isn't going anywhere.