BCS Championship predictions?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Muzzy Man, Jan 5, 2014.

1. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see how everyone thinks fsu is so great. They have played piss poor teams all year. They are good, but they run the same def as mizzou and we know how that turned out. Auburn has a more physical line on both sides and that will win come second half. Auburn 42, fsu 28. War eagle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They may have played a weaker schedule, but they also completely and utterly dominated that weaker schedule.

Their defense is also much, much better than Mizzous. And we saw how pitiful Auburn's defense was against Mizzou as well.

And Auburn "physical" line was completely dominated by a mediocre LSU O-line.

3. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You realize that FSU and Mizzou have different players right?

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FSU 35, Auburn 17.

And on a different note and I am sure than no one remembers....I said FSU would rise to dominance once again when they got Jimbo and everyone said no. :) That place is too good of a spot for big time recruits not to want to go.....hot women, nice climate, and pretty much a glorified high school of an academic institution.

5. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still believe Bama, before they lost their swagger to Auburn (poor boys)... would beat FSU as well as would a healthy LSU, Mizzou (better QB), likely South Carolina and I believe I said "a healthy Georgia team, which they have not been since midway through the Clemson game. (By the way I hope Georgia loses every game every year) Florida State playing the grind of the SEC every week would be an average SEC team. I don't think I used the phrase "half the SEC teams, someone else tossed that out. As for tonight; can an uninjured FSU team beat an uninjured Auburn team? We shall see. The team that comes in tonight with the best game plan and executes that game plan... mistake free... wins. IMO I would not be surprised to see some players used in some different ways than we are used to. Personally, I would make sure those big receivers don't get off the line.

I don't think I said FSU was not a good team... I think I said I was not impressed with them.

I am giving them a bit more credit after seeing them trounce Duke... Duke barely lose to Texas A&M and Auburn barely beating Texas A&M. Does all that mean anything? Again... we shall see tonight.

War Eagle!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  6. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    STOP.

7. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After watching what my Sooners did to Bama I'd hate to see what the Noles would do to them. "Swagger" or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

8. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough. But 6 SEC teams equal 43% of the conference so pretty darn close ;)

I guess we will see what happens on the field tonight.

9. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like Brett's score of 35-17.

I hope Auburn wins, because I loathe everything about Forced Sex University, but they are the real deal. Loaded with talent on both sides of the ball.

I'm looking forward to watching Kelvin Benjamin the most. As bad as UF was this year, they had 2 of the best corners in the country trying to cover him all game, and he still had like 21 catches for 418 yards. He's a monster.

10. Diamond Outlaw

Diamond Outlaw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just hope Florida don't win! . . Can't stand the team and don't like that crybaby quarterback! :p

11. Double Creek

Double Creek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I don't think he is that far off base... I could easily see FSU dropping a couple games in an SEC schedule. I would say the same about a PAC 12 schedule. Going undefeated is often times more about luck than skill.

12. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    so Hook, Cooter;

Florida State is so good you are saying... they run the table if in the SEC? C'mon!

My pre-season pick was a rematch in the SEC between Bama and Georgia with Georgia winning. That didn't happen obviously. Bama was beatable all season... Georgia was so banged up after Clemson... they had no chance.

I hoped for 9-3 for Auburn. I was expecting 8-4... I am thrilled with Auburn's season.

I am merely making the point... rather weakly I guess... FSU hasn't had anyone really hit them for an entire game.... then have to face another team just like them the next week and the next. Florida was there... for a quarter and a half... but with zero offense... their defense eventually tired and faded. Duke... same thing.

During those two games... with fresh defenses Winston was woefully inaccurate, missing open receivers by 10 yards. As the defenses tired... he found time to throw and shazam... wins a Heisman. Missouri's QB is far more skilled in my opinion.

If someone can put an offense on the field... and that is yet to be seen... that can score on FSU's D... or just keep them on the field long enough to get tired... the dynamics of the game changes.

LSU... had they had Mizzou's, Bama's South Carolina's or Georgia's QB, they are in Pasadena tonight.

Auburn is an enigma... not very talented... I admit it... but I have said before... never bet against a team when you can't figure out why they are winning. The luck argument is just ignorant and lame.

13. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    They played some decent teams... just not SEC level upper echelon level teams.

14. shanr

shanr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Auburn has a good team. I know they won the sec. Im a sec guy being a dawg fan. I just think fsu might be a little to prolific. I think fsu by 10

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

15. scottmills

scottmills Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Auburn-34
    fsu -31

16. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Almost game time... Sticking with my original prediction but thought I would throw in one last WAR EAGLE! Hope the Tigers pull it out, should make for a fun week to return to Alabama during...

17. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    War Eagle!!! Yell loud!

18. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all Seminole tonight.

19. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    It's okay... I'll still respect you in the morning.

20. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    FSU is lucky that they have destroyed every team they play?