new member from CT

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by unclefish, Jan 4, 2014.

1. unclefish

unclefish Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like to fish and hunt . 43 years old and being a school bus mechanic my whole life shoulders are in ruff shape. Had to go physical therapy actual helped just couldn't afford the 40 copay every time I went and of coarse they want to see u 3 times a week. Went to local archery shop they only had 1 bow Hoyt Faktor 50 to #60 lb range . Keep hearing everybody say go and shoot a bunch bows to see which one fits you right. How do u know which one is right if they don't put a sight on it or have different models in stock. I probably sit there all day and pull back string and fire arrows down at target. More than likely I will shooting out of a tree stand hunting white tail deer. They told me out the door I would be 1200 to 1400 dollar range for that bow with all accessories. Is there that much difference bow tech carbon knight RAK deal for 700 to 800 dollar range. Thanks for any suggestions

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First off welcome aboard.

Secondly, I think your being steered in the wrong direction bow wise.
    Being a new shooter with shoulder issues you need to be shown some smooth easy pulling bow...modestly priced bows won't hurt either ....then you need to shoot a few to get a feel for it and hopefully develop a preference.
    The Fackor is Hoyt's flagship machined riser bow...it nice offering but not a beginners bow. Their new cams are an improvement, but they aren't as smooth as some other offerings. They also have a fairly short valley, let off is ok but you get a little more looking at some other.
    I am all for dropping the coin and buying the best you can afford however when you new " best" is very as you haven't evolved any preferences with shooting experience.
    1200-1400 is to much to spend on set up that you have nothing to compare it to...
    In short find another bow shop.

3. unclefish

unclefish Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks that's what I was thinking to. Is there something I can buy that I can adjust myself on the pounds with purchase of scale. So I can build my arms back up slowly. Without bring back to shop every time. See most offer 50 to 60 lb range.

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    welcome to the forum!! where abouts in CT?

5. unclefish

unclefish Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Old saybrook

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site :bow:

7. scottmills

scottmills Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    welcome

8. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy Unc & welcome.

9. horus11b

horus11b Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey...there's a 60 lb hoyt. for sale in the classifieds right now for less than half that. You should be able to adjust it down to 50. Just saying....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. unclefish

unclefish Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks went to check it out says sold at bottom page. Think I should go to shop and test some different style bows.

Thanks for all the welcomes to seems like it is a good bunch of people here on this forum.