Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by caddis74354, Sep 6, 2013.

1. caddis74354

caddis74354 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just went on a midnight munchie run and drove by my stands, and picked up my card. The really tall 8 is new, but the 8 with the scar is one I helped my neighbor blood trail for 2 hours, he's still alive and kicking!

1474905_525978270832196_817511026_n.jpg 1488406_525984480831575_913654636_n.jpg

2. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I may be wrong, but those look like the exact same deer to me..

3. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spent an antlerless tag on some nice tender meat, first deer kill on video! It sucks that it was a spine shot but I was still happy!

Button Buck Bow Kill - YouTube

4. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    2 different deer for sure, my neighbor has pics of them early season together.

So after a conversation with my friend that was too sick to go hunting and after looking at the 4 lbs of meat in my freezer, I decided I would go hunt this morning. 15 minutes after legal light a group of 6 does and 3 yearlings came in. I chose the biggest one and released. They all bolted but the one I had shot went in a different direction. I looked close and she was showing a bowhunters dream of blood, visible spray. I waited 10 minutes got down and proceeded to go on the longest blood trail I've ever been on. The snow highlighted the trail and made it extremely easy but soon it became apparent I didn't wait long enough(Lost a doe to coyotes in 3 hours last week so I was pretty anxious). After a blood trail as wide as the Neosho River, in the snow, and bumping her 3 times, I finally found this doe around 1200 yds from where I originally shot her... What a morning. Seems like every time I climb in a tree I have a wonderful story.

5. jcartwright

jcartwright Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, $380 for sheets! Pretty sure that would give me a heart attack :eek:

6. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    My last buck tag of the season, and the one I want is at the corn in between 4 and 430 in the morning... These creatures are brilliant!

7. LeeBo337

LeeBo337 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well crud, I opted for the 5 year license since I'm no longer a spring chicken. However, I guess I need to buy another archery tag for Jan 1 through 15.... I swear, the regs are too complex and the fees are too high.

8. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    yuall still have 13 days to get it done! but don't forget your 2014 archery tags if you need one!

9. LeeBo337

LeeBo337 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For those in central Oklahoma - did you see that Heartland Outdoors closed? Bummer.

10. Oklahoma99

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone in the Grove area know if Tempy's ever relocated? They said they were going to but idk if they ever did or not.

11. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    I went by the highway 59 location today and it was shut. Caddis may have more info insofar as if they relocated.

12. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Supposedly there is a new archery shop by braums in grove. I do not know the name or who is running it. Could be the old tempy's guys though.

13. Oklahoma99

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info I'll be sure to check it out

14. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Legion Archery is the guys from Tempy's. My advice just drive right by that place. They lost their lease on HWY 59 b/c they hadn't paid in over a year. The kid that runs the archery side is a total f tard. Ordered a new string from him, took him 6 months to get it to me, charged me $60 to put it on, and then put it on wrong. Took it home, waxed it up, 3 shots and 4 strands popped, no refunds, no apology. My dad had a peep site put it, well he put it in backwards. He brought it by for the guy to fix it and he told my dad he didn't have time and 2 weeks later he called my dad and said to come get it, well he didn't even touch it. I started going to David Hale's shop (R&S Antiques and Arrows) after that or to Hutch's Archery in Noel, quite a drive but they are just the greatest people. Hutch has been in the business for over 50 years. They have an amazing inventory, with a low price b/c they are outside of city limits so they have a really low tax and price. Also if you are looking to buy a new bow and don't have the scratch you can do lay away. I'm currently paying on the new Quest Drive since my wife went nuts at Xmas lol. Really long reply but I've just got lots of hate in my heart for the Legion/ Tempys guy lol.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  15. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some of y'all might have seen this but one of my best friends from high school shot this buck this past rifle season. He is a good guy. Will probably end up being the biggest in the state for this year. Grossed 226".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Gnarly buck! What county or region was he taken in? I'm gonna take a WAG and say sparks area/central ok...

17. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa that looks like one of those deer farm deer.

18. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_20131113_170902.jpg

My dad's little buck he got tonight. He could give a crap about antler size, and laughs at me because I pass on a lot of bucks. Different opinions I guess.

19. bones435

bones435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now that's good shot placement.

20. caddis74354

Dislikes Received:
    He'd better have put it there, the lil guy was 4 yards away from him. Dad hadn't even gotten into the blind yet lol.