TSA Intercepts Gun Toting Monkey

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Iowa Veteran, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. Thats a hard catch. Dont know why they made a big deal out of it even though they knew it wasnt real.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I was a kid you used to be able to buy single shot cap guns(keychain size) out of the 50 cent gum ball machines. I could only imagine the outcry if something like that were to be in the foyers of big box and local grocery stores today.

This country is becoming sissified and with each generation it will continue to get worse

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This "Zero Tolerance " BS needs to stop.
    They wont even let kids be kids anymore. All they want is for them to just fall inline.
    Individual thought and critical thinking is replaced with indoctrination.
    It's a by product of lazy parenting and lazy teachers.
    Look at how many more kids are "said" to have some form of ADD, yes some kids do need it but not at the rate they push it.

Hell even the teacher try to get you to put your kid on drugs now.
    I think that show more of that teacher's poor teaching style than the learning ability of the child.

Public schools are a sewer of failure , and I don't mean the kids.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The reason why TSA has a zero tolerance policy is because they don't want to rely on TSA employee discretion when handling firearm look-a-likes. Not all employees are trained or have the knowledge to make decisions on what constitutes a potentially working firearm, therefore they confiscate anything that looks like one. And from the picture of the "gun", it certainly looks like it maybe could be manipulated to fire a live round given a creative bad guy. Heck, the round that killed President Lincoln was only travelling 400fps.

7. 2 Lunger

2 Lunger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my...they have even got to you with your police training. I kid..I kid...well, kind of. This does not surprise me. The TSA is a complete joke, a waste of tax payer money and violates more civil liberties than what it does good.

As far as what is going on with our children....well, we know the difference between what is right and wrong with the way our children our being taught. The kids don't and never will without the parents, but the parents hands are tied. You have to send your kids to school. If people can not see that our government is turning our kids into robots then you are only fooling yourselves.

8. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    2 Lunger. I am not talking about zero tolerance policies such as in the school system. Even when I was a public school teacher for 6 years I did not agree with zero tolerance policies and I don't today.

Now on airlines. Who is to make decision about the "gun"? What if the "gun" were 1 inch longer and a half inch wider? Should the TSA agent allow it on the plane? What if the "gun" were 10 inches long and made of plastic, yet it had a metal barrel and firing pin, yet looked like a toy gun...would that be acceptable to let on the plane? Do you see where I am going?

9. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The pussification of America continues.

10. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    By that reasoning, then why do the allow ball point pens?
    Surely some madman can construct a .22 pen gun right?

11. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously at some point we as adults have to say WTF. It's surprising that any of us made to adulthood the way the government treats us. I understand that when you fly that there are certain liberties that you have to give up but when is stupidity or laziness considered zero tolerance. It's obvious that even to lame person that isn't a gun that could hurt someone. I think the workforce is getting lazier and dumber then ever and renamed so not to hurt anyone's feelings.

12. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a gun like that when I was a kid. Open it up and put a single cap in it. Barrel filled with metal so it could never fire. There has to be some common sense used in situations. A 2 1/2" toy 6 shooter with no capability of firing is not a weapon.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:

Not really my logic at all. Kj you don't know me so I will tell you this, I am not some kind of wimpy guy that is afraid of the dark. The TSA has a policy on replica weapons, stating they cannot be brought onto to the plane. I for one don't fault the TSA employee for doing his or her job. If you want to fault someone or something, fault the people that created the TSA or their policies. The employee doesn't have much discretion in an instance where someone brings a replica gun into the airport.

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    The TSA has a policy that does not allow replica weapons on planes. Work to change that policy, but you cannot fault the employee for following their training and policies. In the military you would be happy that a soldier followed his or her command, down to dotting their i's and t's.

15. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly what you do and who you are concerns me not.
    All I was getting at is that there are limitless items that can be improvised into firing a round and at what point does it stop.
    The TSA is a joke of security team.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I never said who I am or what I do should concern you. But when you start making cute little posts intended to make fun, I will give you a little hint.That being said, I agree, the TSA is a joke.

17. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is life, post 9/11.

18. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I must of missed my joke.
    And nothing I said was intended to be disrespectful towards you.

Personally I think if they were serious about security it would be handled by private security agencies.
    It would be more effective, less intrusive and a greater level of accountability.
    The government is only OK with violations and abuses when their the ones doing it.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    If you didn't mean to disrespect me, then I am sorry. Sometimes things get twisted up online so I apologize.

I will give one of my first TSA encounters. I was flying out of D.C. and did the whole take off my shoes thing to get searched when a woman in line refused to take off her shoes. She caused a big fuss and so what did the TSA agents do? They let her walk right past security without taking off her shoes. What a darn joke.

20. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No harm.

TSA--- "keeping you safe from 8yr olds and 80 yr olds, but nothing in between."