Late Season Tips First year

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by kyHunter55, Dec 3, 2013.

1. kyHunter55

kyHunter55 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First year bow hunter an first year hunter. I am hunting private land that hasnt been hunted in 12+ years. I set up a mineral site in late august all i have seen were pictures of does during season, before season I saw these 3 bucks on camera but nothing during season and I couldnt get the does to come into shoot range. I did find some nice scrapes an rubs during "prime rut" but didnt see anything. Checked my camera today an these beauts made it out of gun season here in nky the pse has some work to do! What can i do to bring these guys in as far as calls an attractants? I know wind in most important but just wanting different info. These pictures are from last week starting wednesday morning and the two fighting at the end were from sunday. There is a 10 pointer nice 8 an a very tall 4 pointer. Also is there any one that could help with there age. Times an dates are off cause i didnt have time for that lol I actually set up on the wood line behind the deer. Should i just pile the corn up? Thats what i put on the mineral site before the pics were taken or is there another food i should use. Thanks Sorry for the length an amount of questions.

Attached Files:

2. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hunt food sources or find where they're bedding and get between their bed and food source. Not.legal to hunt over corn in my state so I wouldn't know if that's g ood or not. I'd say the massive buck is 4 the wide 8 point is probably a 2 yr old. Wait til your wind is right. It only takes one time getting busted and they might not come back for a while. Be patient.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

3. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you should have a setup behind that camera. Try and figure out where the're coming from and where they're going and cut them off.

4. kyHunter55

kyHunter55 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    its legal to in ky and they come from the left its a hill side I will post a pic of land tomorrow the path they take to get to the field they would bust me cause of the wind and the wind is 90% of the time in my face where i set up I use a dry creek bed to hide in to the right of them

5. kyHunter55

kyHunter55 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Where the bedding area is thats where I found those big rubs an scrapes the mineral site is in the open part north of my spot the camera is set up at the edge of the field to the left of the mineral sit they come straight down off that main trail to the food all kinds of ways I already have some plans for next year

Attached Files: