Trail cams on public land...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BRVRY, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    harsh comments should have been expected........especially on a hunting website where it is safe to say that the number of people who have had stuff stolen is FAR greater than the number who have stolen things belonging to other hunters.
    I would think he would have to have known reaction wouldn't be good.

If he wanted justification for his actions perhaps he should have went to some "confession site " or "kleptomaniacs forum"

My biggest question is why would someone steal hunting stuff then discuss it on here ........that seems about as dumb as stealing the camera in the first place

2. BRVRY

BRVRY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Assuming stuff makes an *** out of you and me so... Please don't. Really, I'm came here to confess something that I felt horrible about doing, I'm not alway that type of person. One act doesn't clearly describe a person's attitude toward life or their movitation for doing some acts. I'm sure most of you think I'm just an AWFUL person but thinking that is quite ignorant. Very ignorant. I return it in a matter of hours and it's pretty much like it was never gone besides the fact it's turned on now, and heck I'll probably go there today and make a goofy pose infront of it. I'm not a FULL-TIME thief like most of you guys assume and would love to think behind your computer screen. Curiosity kicked in after the hunt deff after seeing the deer I was goin for cross right infront of the cam. So yes, I took it to see if other deer were coming through, yes in private land or even somewhere NEAR private I wouldn't even dare to even look at it but it was public and has been out there the whole season without much checking. Regardless, I'm deeply sorry to the owner for checking out something that is his. BUT for you hoping to cause harm on someone who made a careless and small mistake is a little childish... Yes, even coming from an accused "thief".

3. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If he is going to post on here that he did something dumb ( not to mention illegal) then yes "we" are going to persecute him. What did he/you think? That he was gonna get a bunch of responses telling him how great he is? If he was looking for forgiveness he should have gone to church not the BH.com forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BRVRY

BRVRY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Because all in all after posting the thread and thought about it and decided I needed to apologize to the whole hunting community as I fear others did the same thing I did yesterday. I feel sorry for the people that has had their stuff stolen and I would be upset if someone stealing something of mine, I'm also not stupid enough to put anything on public land, that's besides the point.

5. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah you put stuff up on public land you risk the chance of someone stealing it................

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  6. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You steal someones camera and we think you're awful for doing it and we're the ignorant one's? :lol:

7. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and your words continue to make me believe you're not sorry.

Stop trying to justify the act of stealing. I dont care if the biggest buck you've ever seen walked in front of that camera. If it's not your camera, don't touch it.

8. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is crazy to me...what exactly are you trying to justify....you're a theif...thats it...end of story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ridiculous.

10. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How is stealing a careless and small mistake? Did you simply forget not to steal? You think it is a small thing because it wasn't an expensive camera, some of us have to budget and work our asses off to get cameras that aren't the most expensive ones. Stop trying to justify your actions, you are a bad person.

11. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, what a crazy thread. This kid steals something, everybody calls him a piece of crap for stealing and he gets mad:lol:.
    If it looks like a turd, sounds like a turd, smells like a turd.....its a turd!

12. mndeerskewer

mndeerskewer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a camera stolen before the season even started. I hunted the spot several times and the thief never put it back. ( I wasn't holding out much hope that it would show up). Having said that I would much rather have my camera back and I commend the OP for returning it. This was the second camera I ever purchased and it was brand new. It was gone the very first time i went to check on it. I was very disappointed to say the least but angry at myself for trusting the general public. It really screwed up my plans for hunting this piece of land. It's huge and plenty of spots for everyone to hunt so its not like i was infringing on someone's "spot.

I don't get taking things that are not yours but I'm glad he put it back. Jesus said let he without sin cast the first stone. Go and steal trail cameras no more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does it make you feel better that you turned the camera on? It shouldn't because you stole someone's camera that he worked to get, not just like you taking someone's things.

14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    exactly!!
    I like how the guy said he was an "accused thief"! dude you admitted you stole it!!!!!

15. C-fused

C-fused Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Character is who you are when nobody is watching.

If you walked by a car that was unlocked and it had valuables inside, what would you do?
    Say to yourself, the stupid sob left the car unlocked, he deserves to have the things taken.

What if you find someone's wallet or purse?
    Do you go thru it to see if anything is of worth or just turn it in to the correct person?

If someone had work tools in the bed of their truck would you take them just to teach that person a lesson?

Are you only "good" when you know you can't get away with it?

Justifying a wrong in any way is a slippery slope.

I guess if you were willing to do it in the first place then your moral code is screwed up to begin with.

16. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand how the price could make it any different. How do you know he wasn't struggling economically and that was the best he could afford while still putting food on the table for his family like a good man should (unlike you). You can't just say its no big deal because of a small price tag TO YOU. How expensive something is to someone is subjective. As a 14 year old I know a time where my weekly salary was less then 70 dollars and I couldn't afford a very nice camera. You sir, are a POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WOW this is unbelievable. I had 6 cameras on public land for months for bear hunting and no one messed with them. Every time I went to check them I was worried that they wouldn't have been there. I know what I would do if the guy came back while you were still holding his camera :bash:

18. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man, where are your parents at? Somebody needs to put a boot up your butt... Stealing is wrong.

If I were you, I would delete my profile and go seek professional help.

Yes, I am sitting on my high horse with "angle" wings? Because I am NOT a thief and have not stolen anything for the fact that my dad and mom raised a hard working man that buys his own things.

You are no man. Grow up, get a job, and grow a beard.

19. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My trail cam is missing from public land. I went to check it tonight. Has anyone seen it?

20. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a $40 ladder stand. I did not call the number on the card. I did find out that you are not supposed to "claim a tree" on public land so i am assuming that's why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.