its killing me. gotta vent

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Unholy Saint, Nov 16, 2013.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man that sucks but it's better to have it happen sooner then later. Hit that stand again in a couple of days or give it a week. those bucks aren't necessarily using their brains to follow does if you get me drift. I wish I could say its the last time it will happen to you, but most likely its not. I'm mean look at the fat guy on the pursuit channel. I believe the show is "Bowhunting Addiction". He drives 20+ hours to an outfitter and misses every time. I laugh at the camera man, because most of the time it's his fault for the misses.

The one I was watching the other day the camera guy is moving the camera over while the buck is staring right at him then bolts as the hunter (I don't know what his name is so I'll just call him Fred) releases his arrow. but other times he's shooting through a jungle hoping for the arrow finds a new better path than the one he sends it through. Needless to say Fred's misses are different then your in many ways, but they are still misses.

Grab your bow and take a day off to target shoot some more. I've learn over the years it's always a good idea to send some arrows into a target prior the day of or day before sitting. I've shoot many times in Garage to the yard target at night.

I shot my bow Friday night for about an hour and made an amazing shot on button buck through a small window. it was the size of a basketball and 30 yards out. I love this sport. good luck buddy.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the world of Bowhunting.... I don't watch many a hunting show but when I do I watch Major League Bowhunter..... And I'm sure Jeff Danker and Duff are longtime Bowhunters and I've seen them miss some clear 20yd and under shots..... It happens to everyone... Stop beating yourself up.... But at least you are so upset by it that it makes you want to get back out there and do it again.... Now that is the key.... Hang in there, have fun and a Deer will be harvested by you soon, I guarantee it!!!!!

<+>< Ps 46: 1 ><+>

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Missed my first one. I could drive tacks at 30 all day long then. I just couldn't judge yardage for crap! It happens man. Go back at it.

4. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it man! If it makes you feel better in 2007 i shot 3 inches in front of the biggest buck in the area i lived in. To my knowledge i am the only one to ever get a shot at him and i missed!

5. BowBoss

BowBoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well hey, you find they're using the area! You might not see that buck for a while, but ya might come across another shooter!

Keep at it man, the pieces will come together eventually!

6. navy_bowhunter

navy_bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it. The only way to get him is if your out there.

7. Treestandsniper

Treestandsniper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most young hunters suffer from premature release. Get back on that horse!