team 28 - Antler Assassins

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by aaron21, Aug 19, 2013.

1. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got him scored yet?

2. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for lack if communication guys. I haven't been out as much as I'd like. New job and buying a house has kept me busy.

I see a great buck is down, congrats R4ce!

I'll be hunting a new spot tomorrow and Sunday. No hunting next weekend. Then hopefully cold weather and snow will move in up north and drive the deer out of the mountains.

I'll make an effort to post more.

3. BRVRY

BRVRY Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a buck last weekend... Bad news is.... Lost blood trail and was to dark, wrnt back out the next day to find, couldnt find... Just got back from huntin this morning and saw 2 8 pt'ers (not as big as thr buck I shot last weekend) but they were both too far away.

4. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted a new spot yesterday. I've never been there before - it looked good until about 45 minutes before sunset. I had a 14 year old on a dirt bike at 10 yards. He stalled right in front of me and then flooded it. That ended my hunt. At least I know not to hunt there again.

5. R4ce

R4ce Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, hope all is going well. Sorry I haven't been around much, my mom has had some serious health problems so I have been down home trying to help her. Between that and work, I just don't get a lot of free time. I WILL have my buck scored and entered by the end of the weekend. Good luck all, keep hunting hard and be safe.

6. fishingdude93

fishingdude93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well Guys, I have had a rough but good November. I had a decent 8pt at 15yds about two weeks ago and decided to past. As i think about it more I kinda regret it. Moving on to last Thursday, I had a nice 10pt come in at about 60-70yds but was on the other side of the ravine behind lots of trees. The bad part about this is that he was under one of the other stands I have on the property. Last Saturday was a good day. My hunting buddy was able to harvest a nice main frame 8 with a split g2. Great Deer. Then I sat all day Sunday. Half the day it was raining so it was miserable but a couple deer sightings made it worth it. Later that day it is about 4pm and I have a little fork chase a doe around a little bit. They went off into the field and moments later a great 10pt comes in at 40yds but on the crp edge. He walked all the way down this edge and I thought he would present me a shot but never did. I will be done hunting Iowa after this Thursday so I am hoping to get one of these nice deer I have seen recently. I will be able to hunt for about a week and a half at home around thanksgiving so I am looking to get some points for the team in Illinois but sure hope I can get my first Iowa deer on the ground this week.

7. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, not a ton if team activity but wanted to check in and let you know I connected! Shot a nice doe Saturday morning and got my first hunt on film. She dressed out at 142 lbs. I thought she was much smaller when I shot her. She was slightly quartered away and I hit a little farther back than I would of liked but I smoked her. Took out liver and clipped the heart. She only made it 30 yards from where I shot her. Now I have two more weekends to go after a mature buck!

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll also post on the contest.

8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well done! nice deer.

9. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well i will have 3and 1/2 days to hunt this weekend. the action has been very slow well actually terrible. i have not seen a deer in about 3 weeks. i can't figure out what is going on. hopefully it will come together this weekend. best of luck to all of you and happy thanksgiving!

10. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I missed a nice 8 pointer!! I've never seen him on the property or on game camera so I hope it wasn't a fluke. He was about 40 yards and I barely shot over him!!! The pit in my stomach is still there!! I've never shot a deer with a bow yet so my heart was pumping when I saw him. Hopefully Sunday we will meet again as I am busy with family the rest of the week!!

Good luck to everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. R4ce

R4ce Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HI all, sorry I haven't been around, it's been a busy last few months. I hope all are well.