Team 32-No Show Heroes

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by grizzly1530, Sep 9, 2013.

1. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got this coming monday off, hopefully the monster we call basket rack shows his face.

2. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    warm and rain this weekend might get out once need to check camera. staying out till after shotgun hope the does hide near my stand hoping for a buck. there's a 14, 12, 10, and 8 pointers running around.

3. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I got to my land on Saturday. They shut off some of the flowage from the Mississippi River, so the water dropped 3-5 feet, and made it an absolute pain to get up there with the boat. It rained a good part of the day. I saw one buck, and drew on it, but he busted me. Was only a little forked buck, but it would have been my first archery deer. All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. After all the rain on Saturday, I decided to take Sunday and rest. Gun season opens up here next weekend for 9 days, so I won't be bowhunting again until after that. My brother and I both had some good ones on the cameras though, so I'm hopeful that they come around after the gun season!

4. BuckBro

BuckBro Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Archery season just ended for me in PA on Saturday. Sat all day and saw a couple of does, but overall a quiet day. Haven't seen buck searching during daylight hours like I did this time last year. Wouldn't you know it, the biggest buck I've ever seen on camera walked under my stand three hours after I vacated Saturday night. Ill be back at it with my bow during gun season in two weeks

5. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shotguns over didn't kill anything my neighbor killed a 13 pointer i had on camera

6. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Rifle season just finished Sunday here. Now late season bowhunting until Early to mid Jan. Hoping I can get my first deer with the bow. Have a few spots on some corn fields that haven't been hunted at all this year. Hoping I can get in there, and see something within the next few weeks.

7. obsessed bowhunter

obsessed bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys. I blew a chance at a 140" buck the first week of November. My son killed his first deer while we where there though.

Attached Files:

8. Xsoldier416

Xsoldier416 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tough luck on the big guy. Congrats to your kid though! That'll be a great memory.

9. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    My dad and i still occasionally talk about my first deer. You will have these memories for a long time.
    Two firearm seasons are done. Muzzle loader only you are allowed to use a bow, so we will see what happens.
    :bhod:

10. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I have been non existent this year guys. Been busy and not posting much. Other than killing my elk I have hunted maybe 4 days. I have spent all season hunting for my wife and hunting partners. I can still hunt deer until January 15th but doubt I will be out much. If we get some more snow I may try to knock a doe down.

11. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    Put one in the shoulder today. She reared back right as I pulled the trigger on my release and the arrow only went in about 4 ". I can't tell which upsets me more. The fact that I made a bad shot, or the fact that I injured her.

12. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    Aww man! Sorry to hear that! Keep your head up though, at least the shot wasn't something you did wrong!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

13. fishsoft92

Dislikes Received:
    Looking back on the season, I had 5 deer within bow range. Three I shot at, one of which I killed. One that came in on my right side so I couldn't get a shot at him. One that busted me, not kidding, from about 8 feet away. I can't say I had a bad year, can I? :bhod:

14. Xsoldier416

Xsoldier416 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well no deer for me this season. Sorry I couldn't help out the team. Might be awhile before I get to hunt again, so I'm really glad I was able to get out this year. Good luck to everyone next time.