***Team 14 Official Team Thread***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Your a freaking machine.

That is all.

:sad:

2. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last night I got into the stand a little late but I knew the conditions were perfect so I got there as fast as I could. After setting up the camera I gave a little grunt. I was looking out in the field to my left when I heard a freight train coming through the woods not five minutes after I grunt. I turned to my right and saw this bad boy with his head down coming straight for me. I flipped the camera on when he was 50 yards away thinking he'd come in front of me. Looking back at him I noticed he took the trail that leads behind me. I stand up grab my bow and draw back all in the same motion as he steps into a opening five yards to my back and I settle the pin and let the arrow fly. As soon as I could I flipped the camera into the field as he spins around and crashes twenty yards to my left. I gave the brothers a call and headed back to the house to get the tractor.

This makes me tagged out in my best season ever with four bow deer kills and a coyote bow kill. Super pumped to see what he scores even though it's gonna be on the small side.

[​IMG]

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hell of a season Luke, congrats!!

4. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Luke, Congrats

5. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just took my girlfriend out and she got her first buck. And to add to it, it was her first deer she's killed with a crossbow. Very fun hunt and fun times.

Attached Files:

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job!!!! I'm heading to the stand this evening and tomorrow. Hoping to see something good.

7. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our rifle season opened up Saturday. I hunted for the first time on my neighbor's property. About 4:30, I had a group of 5-6 does pass thru. About 10 min later, a lone doe with a 125-130" 9pt in tow came thru passing behind my stand. I only had a small window and I tried to guide my arrow to his vitals at 15 yds. A unseen twig deflected my arrow harmlessly into the ground. Well at least it was a clean miss.

Check out this map. It is in the city limits and is a great pinch point. I was hunting at the Northwest end of the clearing in the woods. I will be back for sure!

https://maps.google.com/?ll=36.274816,-94.494122&spn=0.00266,0.005284&t=h&z=18

8. Sharpshoot3r

Sharpshoot3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have problems staying warm. Can someone give me some pointer from base layers to outer layers. I have expedition base layers from scentblocker a thin base layer under with a heavy jacket and pants. I wear mukluks on my feet when it's really cold

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work Z!

10. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Got my 5th Bow Kill for the season this morning. I killed this one at 7:20 am this morning. She was 20 yards out...complete pass through...that Swhacker eat her up...lol. Love those heads. Anyway, she ran 20 yards and piled up. Took both lungs and top part of the heart. She was a 4.5 year old and field dressed out at a 110 lbs. Good size doe for around here....lol.

November Doe 002.jpg

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz is stalling again.

12. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Who all has killed so far on our team? Everyone has taken one haven't they?

13. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a doe and that buck I just shot. The buck scored 101'' but Isaac has the card so its gonna have to wait till tomorrow to get the score up.

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have not killed yet. I have passed several does on every sit. I took a 12 year old out and let him shoot a doe. That is a guarantee for me. I will start shooting them soon. I do not have a slob buck to chase this year for the first year in several. I will have to kill one of the older bucks that may be 150's. I still hope to add at least 200 inches to the team score.

15. Kruser

Kruser Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys I have not killed yet. Hit that doe and tracked her for over 500 yards without her bedding down and did not find her. Been real slow in the woods since then. Not seeing any deer moving and do not have any good pictures on my cameras. Hoping this week is the week.

16. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Kruser...don't be sorry....lol. It's all good. I was just wondering who all had killed. Crap, I haven't seen much of anything this month. It's like they all left my property. I killed a big doe last monday...but thats it this month.

17. dj-skyy

dj-skyy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    fergie clause, that's about it....but I still got buck tags for IL and MO to go after, so I'm gonna wait to submit...unless I get a bigger one, it's guaranteed +50 from me (come the end of the season)..

18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    DJ, it's the first buck you shoot. So if you got one already, go ahead and submit it.

Congrats on the harvest!

19. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a doe earlier this season and a buck at the beginning of November. They've both been submitted so all I can do now is sit back and watch what else we can take down. Good luck to the guys still posting. Cooler weather in SC have gotten the hogs moving in daylight. Have had several people see them going to their stands. Shot at one today but missed, I was loading a feeder and they came right up behind me running around. Scared me to death, so I tried to thin the herd a little but that didn't work. We've had a pretty good year with deer so far. There's been an 120s inch old 8 pt killed, two 140s 10s killed and several cull bucks. Been passing bucks left and right because we need to catch up on buck to doe ratio and kill some does. So the rest of my year will be does and pigs. But who knows, might have a bruiser step out on me and I take that statement back...

20. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I seen a doe and a spike this morning.